Skin category and its restrictions

Hello DCLfam,

possibly this question has already been answered in this forum, but I haven’t found anything about it.
For the skin category, are helmet, tiara, hair, head and other accessories allowed or must they ALL be hidden? Perhaps there may be exceptions or possibilities.
I would like to build a suit and keep the head free. Or can the double number of triangles be used if i built this suit based on the upper and lower body? Then there would be 3K triangles available for the suit instead of 1,5K.
I am looking forward to your reply

1 Like

You can use skip adding this categories to hiding list if this categories won’t overlap with your skin model.

For example, if your skin have big helmet, you won’t be able to mix it with tara, earrings, mask, etc, because helmet will overlap or will completely hide them. And that way you will need to add this categories to hiding list. The reasons for that, firstly, techincal optimization for rendering objects in-world (why you should be able to wear earring and increase lags in-game, if earring completely not visible and not compatible with your skin wearable), secondary, to avoid visual issues, glitches, bugs and overlaps with other wearables.

I would like to build a suit and keep the head free. Or can the double number of triangles be used if i built this suit based on the upper and lower body?

That way you should publish wearable as upper_body slot with lower_body listed in hiding list, instead of using Skin category. Your triangle limits will be 3000 that way.

Or, you can even do this: upper_body + lower_body + feet as one upper_body slot. (lower_body and feet in hiding list) That way you will have 4500 triangles limit.

Here is explanation that written in curators documentation

3 Likes

Hey @theankou,
thank you for your quick and very detailed reply :pray:. My brain barrier has dissolved :exploding_head: This is exactly what I was looking for and fully answers my question :100:%. Thank you for this valuable advice, now I can continue with my work.:beers:

1 Like

Hey @theankou ,
would I also have more textures available with your suggestion? Not only 2 Textures, because I’m combining it with the lower body.

yes. if you publish upper body with hidden lower_body 4 materials 4 textures then

1 Like

Hey @theankou,
thanks for your quick reply :kissing_heart:

1 Like