This proposal aims to expand the range of grant options in order to support teams and bigger scoped projects.
Decentraland DAO opened its Community Grants program on May 31st, 2021. Since then 12 grants have been given for Content Creator, Platform Contributor, Gaming, and Community categories.
The current structure is aimed at single individuals:
- Tier 1: One-time payment of $500 - $1500 USD in MANA
- Tier 2: One-time payment of $1500 - $3000 USD in MANA
- Tier 3: Up to a 3-month vesting contract of $3000 - $5000 USD in MANA, with a one-month cliff.
This proposal aims to create 3 new tires designed for teams and larger scoped projects.
The current tires are ok to fit small projects and individual contributions. If more money is needed the contributor can continue requesting further grants to keep up the good work (eg. KevinOnEarth).
In order to attract bigger projects that require the commitment of a team for many months, we need to scale our tire options.
The proposed new tires are:
- Tire 4: Up to $60.000 USD using a 6 months vesting contract (1-month cliff).
- Tire 5: Up to $120.000 USD using a 6 months vesting contract (1-month cliff).
- Tire 6: Up to $240.000 USD using a 6 months vesting contract (1-month cliff).
These tires allow a team to receive up to 10k, 20k, or 40k per month for over 6 months.
What do you think? Alternatives?