Open Call for Accountability Committee members

What is your full name or ENS name: Maryana / maryana.eth

Short Bio (280 characters max):
My name is Maryana, co-founder of BVERSE Consulting/Metaverse Professional Community, and am content creator & daily user. I am a Sr. Financial Analyst and come from an auditing background.

What is your primary wallet address?
0x9937E3e274be96a624d7Cd00F384EB71c741Dd1b

Can you commit at least 5 hours per week to the DAO?
Yes!

What are your reasons for wanting to be an Accountability Committee member?
I feel that I have the professional experience to help the DCL DAO, where I come from 5 years external audit/internal audit experience, and now oversee $1B in Revenue data at a Hospital.
I have been active in the DCL DAO since I’ve joined DCL in December. When I was delegated more VP, I would ensure that I would leave objective and legitimate questions regarding the economic returns to the platform, qualifications of the team/ risk of the grant. You have to put personal biases aside (i.e. relationship with grant requestors) and analzye if the grant is truly beneficial for the platform.
Since last year, we had a large amount of grants being expended, however, not enough value coming in as a result. We’ve seen many grants being rugs, and not being revoked in time to save the treasury. With my experience, I would be able to help objectively provide my view on whether a grant should stay enacted/be revoked, based on the performance and financial impact/documentation provided by the grant recipient.

What is your history with both Decentraland and Decentraland’s DAO?

In summary, I have been an active community member since December 2021. I have streamed over 100 hours for Decentraland under Twitch (including The Decentraland Report). I have created a few wearables, hosted many events as either a speaker (MetaParty Fashion Week, Grand Prix, Ukraine Charities), or my own at BVERSE (-30,-108), and helped others assemble their events. I have been active in spreading Decentraland on Twitter Spaces, Clubhouse, local web3 conferences, and creating content on other social media platforms. I also like to stay active and attend events for DCL and DG.
Last May, I was delegated 100K VP to vote in the Decentraland DAO. Since then, I have been raising/asking questions under questionable proposals in an objective way to ensure the project brings value.

What skills, qualifications, and experience will you bring to the Accountability Committee?

My biggest asset is my auditing skills that I’ve studied as part of my MBA/BA in Accounting, and then my Big 4 Auditing experience at EY, where I dealt with large PCAOB audits and not for profit foundation audits regarding their investments, grant liabilities/fund accounting, management controls, bank reconciliations, & financial reports. I have been a CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) & CPA (Certified Public Accountant) candidate (due to a busy schedule at my job, I never had a chance to finish the exam).
As a result of my experience in the field, I have a sense on how grants should be documented and how grants should be expensed.

Overall, my knowledge of these principles will be able to help objectively look at our DCL DAO financial environment, and ensure that it is being well used with the grant proposals.

Provide links to any relevant social media profiles or other information that will help the community when evaluating candidates.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/maryanaryumshin/
https://twitter.com/maryanaDCL

Provide a list of two references, at least one of which is in the Decentraland community that can attest to your character and/or commitment to Decentraland.

@TheGoldGuy
@szjanko

12 Likes