Incentive for land owners

I am of the idea that land and buildings should be rated in the YouTube style.
We can use a scale from 1 to 5 where whoever manages to obtain 5 stars gets a reward.

How can each landowner obtain these scores?

SCORES PER LAND

1. Visits

- If the land achieves 50 visits it gets 1 star (easy level)
            - If the land achieves 200 visits it gets 2 stars (beginner level)
            - If the land achieves 1000 visits it gets 3 stars (intermediate level)
            - If the earth achieves 5000 visits it gets 4 stars (professional level)
            - If the land reaches 10,000 visits, it gets 5 stars (Master level)

2. Unique guest book

- If the land has 100 unique visits you get 1 star
            - If you have 200 unique visits you get 2 stars
            - If you have 500 unique visits you get 3 stars
            - If you have 1000 unique visits you get 4 stars
            - If you have 5000 unique visits you get 5 stars

3. Rating -

Visitors could also rate the land with a Like or Dislike. This will not affect the award, just as a reference to the builder to improve

PURPOSE

The aim is to motivate landowners to create attractive buildings and games on their land, advertise it, and try to improve their buildings.

Ranking

In one of the ORIGIN lands of Decentraland, the weekly ranking would be published, with the list of the first 20 most visited lands. That would motivate the owners to try to outdo themselves with better creations or more publicity about their own land.

AWARDS

The prizes are:

3 star:
If you get 3 stars the place obtains advertising in Decentraland, or on a billboard that announces each week who has reached that scoreThis helps people visit it even more, as when YouTube recommends top videos.

4 stars:
Whoever gets 4 stars should be on a billboard in Origin Plaza and maybe can get an economic incentive in Mana (to define).

5 stars:
Whoever achieves this goal, would be given the opportunity to create their own wearable to deliver awards in their land.

CHANGES in the numbers

Visitor numbers and unique visits may change as Decentraland becomes more popular, these numbers are designed for today.
The numbers could be revised every time someone gets the 5 Stars, thus increasing the difficulty by 10% for example.

GOAL
This will definitely motivate content creators and landowners to build and not abandon their land.

NOTE: Everything may be subject to change as deemed by Decentraland’s DAO.

6 Likes

This is certainly the right direction to go. However, chances are that the largest and the most developed areas will end up as the most visited ones. Not necessarily because of the content but because of the location/neighbours.

To develop other areas, there needs to be an incentive for the people to explore and look for a hidden gem that might be placed in a remote location. Perhaps, there could be different leagues of land depending on how far the land is based. It should definitely also be different for different area size as otherwise it is much easier to attract more people to a huge estate than a small parcel.

It would also be great if people could rate different scenes (1-5 stars) and were able to leave comments visible to everyone.

2 Likes

The idea of this proposal is not to reward the most visited land.

The idea is for landowners to build cool things and promote their own land.

There are very large lands that no one visits if they do not promote them or do nothing new, but if a land owner does events every week even though it is a 1x1 land in the most remote part, people will visit it …

That is why I propose the YouTube style, if you make an attractive channel people follow it, comment and give a like. It all depends on the content creator.

If it is a large area or a small area, it does not influence anything, for example, Sugar Club 2x2 land. the owner knows how to promote and attract people to his club.

Example: Land Valdeande Magico (spanish land) 1x1 in a remote place, your guestbook already has more than 30 signatures.

This will help the owners have more interest in building and not leaving their lands empty.

Axie infinity will spend 140mln usd in current axs rate for their players in 2021.

Dcl should definitely stimulate land owners to create good stuff.

I would have liked the discussion to focus on:

1. Number of visitors per land, to award stars
  2. How many unique visits are needed to award the stars
  3. Discuss the awards for whoever achieves the objectives
  4. and also the ranking from 1 to 5 stars is good or would be better from 1 to 10

i suppose this brings up a similar argument to one of youtube, what counts as a view? or in this case a visit,

like on youtube there was a big debate around whether a “click” is counted as a view (as in you clicked on the video) or should it be timed? ie if a users watches more than 1 min of a video is that a view? or maybe it should be percentage based? ie 20% of a video being watched is a view,

i guess my point is, when we talk about a “visit” in dcl what do we mean? if someone just enters the parcel or estate? if a user spend 1min in your parcel/estate?

is a visit a good indication of a good land? arguable i could run an wearable nft giveaway, have 100+ people visit my parcel and gain a high number of visits without having any actual content on the parcel.

also does this reset when the parcel is transferred or sold? someone could gain the system have a high ranking parcel then sell it on and fill it with advertising or scams

Very good point to debate, I had not thought about it (I hope my answer is well translated or at least understood)

1. Decentraland already has a system to count visits, it could be debated if it is 1 minute, 5 minutes or more. Like YouTube, the content creator seeks to retain users. The same system for Decentraland, would have to retain them for a minimum of time.

2. The number of visits to obtain a star I put as a reference, this could start from 100, 200 or 500.

3. Is an empty land an indicator of a good land? No, but if you still don’t have anything on your land, and you get 100 visits a week, you’re a better promoter of a land that has a game and no one visits it because the creator doesn’t promote it.
    An empty 1x1 land can be better promoted than a 20x20 district and in 3 years nobody builds, or if you build something beautiful, just wait for people to visit it

4. Whoever has his land empty and promotes it and invites friends even with raffles, this person is doing much more work for Decentraland than whoever builds something incredible and abandons it. Because of all those users who come, at least 10% will stay to see what Decentraland is about.
    This person has to do raffles every week to get 10,000 visits. even if you don’t have anything, many of those users will stay in the Metaverse.

5. You can cheat the reward system once or twice, but if the content is bad, people don’t come back

The stars are like POAP

1. Youtube recommends the most popular and visited videos, if the youtuber does not make more videos, he loses popularity. And another Youtuber takes his place.

The land owner who does not maintain his level of visits, another takes his place, like a leaderboard.

1. If I get 5 stars it is the same when YouTube gives you a platinum plaque for reaching 100,000 subscribers. Star one (platinum) “POAP” goes to my Wallet

2. If I decide to sell my land, the counter resets and starts at zero.

3. If someone sells his star to another land owner … that does not mean that his land will be ranked, it just means that he will have a collectible.

4. If I buy a land with 5 stars, and 10,000 active visitors like Wondermine for example … if I want to keep those visits I must keep the game.

5. About buying land and placing scams and advertising … that can be done on any land, I think Decentraland already solved that issue, that already depends on the DAO of Decentraland.

6. IMPORTANT: The visitor counting system is reset every time someone gets the GOLD star. Thus to obtain the next star the difficulty increases by 10% (example)

Everyone starts again from ZERO.

It may be that the same one that achieved the GOLD star, will repeat it again, that is already a prize for the owner of the land and the construction of it. collect GOLD stars

THE STARS

To differentiate the stars of the first event, they should have a different design for the second event and the third, etc. etc.

I hope they continue to contribute to perfect the idea and take it to a vote

2 Likes

Great proposal…
I definitely think this requires the organization’s attention, and its future implementation.

it will stimulate owners and players.

Even without rewards, a top score, and adds on genesis plaza are attractive options for owners.
If there were prizes, in my case, for example, I would take advantage of it to reinvest and continue growing.
I hope this gets to be defined and approved!

3 Likes

some very good points being made

1 Like

Summary:

Vote to support landowners building projects or promoting their land on other platforms

Abstract :

Name: Event or contest “xxxxxxxx”
The proposal listening to the suggestions would look like this:

I am of the idea that land and buildings should be rated in the YouTube style.
We can use a scale from 1 to 5 where whoever manages to obtain 5 stars gets a reward.

How can each landowner obtain these scores?

SCORES PER LAND

1. Visits

• If the land achieves 100 visits it gets 1 star (easy level)
    • If the land achieves 400 visits it gets 2 stars (beginner level)
    • If the land achieves 1000 visits it gets 3 stars (intermediate level)
    • If the earth achieves 5000 visits it gets 4 stars (professional level)
    • If the land reaches 10000 visits, it gets 5 stars (Master level)
  • Visits are valid if the avatar remains on the ground for a minimum of x minutes (recommended 1 to 3 min)
  1. Unique guest book

• If the land has 100 unique visits you get 1 star
    • If you have 200 unique visits you get 2 stars
    • If you have 500 unique visits you get 3 stars
    • If you have 2000 unique visits you get 4 stars
    • If you have 4000 unique visits you get 5 stars
  2. Rating -

Visitors could also rate the land with a Like or Dislike. This will not affect the award, just as a reference to the builder to improve

Ranking

In one of the ORIGIN lands of Decentraland, the weekly ranking would be published, with the list of the first 20 most visited lands. That would motivate the owners to try to outdo themselves with better creations or more publicity about their own land.

AWARDS

The prizes are:

3 star:
If you get 3 stars the place obtains advertising in Decentraland, or on a billboard that announces each week who has reached that score This helps people visit it even more, as when YouTube recommends top videos.

4 stars:
Whoever gets 4 stars should be on a billboard in Origin Plaza and maybe can get an economic incentive in Mana (to define).

• If there is no economic incentive, you could get 20 wearables of epic level
  • you will get a collectible NFT Silver medal

5 stars:

• Whoever achieves this goal, would be given the opportunity to create their own wearable to deliver awards in their land.
  • or in your case it could be an option to get 20 wearables of a legendary level.
  • you will get a collectible NFT Gold medal
  • The prizes will go to the owner’s wallet at the time of achieving the objective
  • If an owner sells his land, he loses the option to participate in the event and the new owner will have to wait for the next event
  • Once a land owner manages to obtain the Gold star, the event ends and everything returns to zero for a new event.
  • The event will increase the difficulty by 10% for a next event.
  • In each event the medals or stars vary in their design or colors

Motivation:

• Landowners will be motivated to build attractive buildings or games and promote their land.
  • The motivation to always be in a top 20 ranking

Specification

• The numbers and prizes suggested in this proposal are only for reference, the DAO of Decentraland could see what numbers could be better to start this event.

for:

Landowners who build or promote their lands to be visited.

Against:

• People who only promote their land without building anything only with raffles, they will still have to do raffles every week to win the 5 stars.
  • Large lands can have a greater benefit, even so for a small land it is easier if you do something really attractive.
  • Blue states should not be able to participate in events.
1 Like

What’s a “blue state”?

1 Like

1 Like

Don’t you think your proposal should make an attempt to align with the interests of all LAND owners? Regardless of whether that LAND is a single parcel of a large estate?

If this goes to the DAO, you’re shooting yourself in the foot with any proposal that ignores the interests of estate holders because they can easily push this in their favor.

1 Like

This proposal sounds good.

The only issue I have is this

5 stars:
Whoever achieves this goal, would be given the opportunity to create their own wearable to deliver awards in their land.

Creating wearables has always been through DAO and community votes.

Land owners should not be able to create wearables even if they receive lots of traffic or achieve 5 Star rating.

1 Like

I had not thought that excluding the greats could bring down the proposal, that is true because of their great voting power.

I excluded them because of the great advantage they have over others.

But this certainly needs to be thought about including them.

1 Like

I am not very clear about how the wearables worked, so I put an alternative.
“or in your case it could be an option to get 20 wearables of a legendary level”.

and at the end I put:
“The numbers and prizes suggested in this proposal are only for reference, the DAO of Decentraland could see what numbers could be better to start this event.”

Because the prizes to be awarded may change according to the Decentraland rules … I put everything as a suggestion or as an example …

I will make it very clear, this proposal is to MOTIVATE landowners to create or promote their lands since we all only move for incentives, unfortunately it is like that, to show a button, only the events with prizes or Poap people attend massively .

Until today there are prizes for users, but there is no contest or prize for those who build or promote their land and have invested money in it.

I add more This will make many are motivated to build and not leave their lands empty, this will help Decentraland to fill the metaverse, the competition always motivates

1 Like

I’m a little opposed overall to this ranking system here…Maybe it should be an option that a landowner can display or toggle on/off… I don’t particularly want strangers showing up to my IRL home and leaving a like or dislike note in my mail box =). Same goes for my digital domicile.

Also, imo, land ownership is not entirely about visits, it’s about use. There is a difference I think. So judging purely on visits is a commodification of value in a particular way, one that is not necessarily correlated to community development, but a certain type of community development. It is but one metric to judge community development. Another way is by repeat visits. For example if you have 20 people visiting the same place daily, that could be just as valuable to the community as 100 unique visits daily, because it means the land is providing a center of gravity for a particular community of users, which to me is extremely valuable.

This same thing goes for rewards. I think it could be really cool to offer wearable credits or something a little more customizable, or something beyond advertising… because once again, that is a reward that is based on the value-metric of # of unique visits = value to community. I think it could be worthwhile to determine a few other “value-indicators” that we can measure and develop associated rewards that might also encourage different types of land development.

1 Like

ALTHOUGH… I think it could be a good test to see how “The Greats” (btw I love this term haha) view and treat regular land-owners which will be important to understand for developing our proposals, policies, and “political” strategies in the future. So it may be interesting to continue to leave them out; or put in the proposal that a different initiative will consider a rewards system for “The Greats”, however this one is intended to spur smaller-scale land development and stimulate a broader proliferation, rather than concentration of land-use

2 Likes

Leaving aside the like or dislike

I do not think that it is being understood, This proposal is an event or contest … that will be repeated depending on the success of it.

The event until someone gets 10,000 visits will take months to achieve … once someone gets the 5 stars the contest ends. everything returns to Zero.

There are contests to build Cyberpunk, to create games in Atari and there are judges who judge who wins … In this contest the judges are the ones who reward landowners with visits or unique signatures … who manages to obtain an amount x of visits Win and it’s over.

The second contest is more difficult because it is assumed that there are more Users in Decentrland

1 Like

In the last case, if this proposal is not well done or is difficult to implement.

I would like Decentraland to run a contest for landowners, encourage them to create buildings, promote their land, compete to win a prize, even if the prizes are portable or Mana. anything

The aim is to motivate landowners to build

1 Like