Incentive for land owners

Sorry for any misunderstanding! I thought it was something more persistent, which could also be interesting, as then its something long-lasting. Overall looks well-thought out and delivered.

2 Likes

@HUve I’m of the mind that a proposal should align with the requirements for making SMART goals:

• Specific
  • Measurable
  • Actionable
  • Relevant
  • Timely

I defo agree that this proposal is specific and relevant. It being measurable is arguable and largely to be determined re: how “unique visits” are calculated. However, it doesn’t feel timely. At all.

The big question is why now? Why not once this has been established as an actual issue?

1 Like

For me this is a real problem and needs to be solved now … Decentraland is approximately 15% built and of that no more than 5% are really active lands.

The vast majority of new Users only go to Wondermine because it is the only place where they give rewards. We have to encourage more content that delivers value or entertainment.

If you own a land, you want to build and you expect people to visit your land, you only have two options. You give Value or Entertainment

Value = NFT, Rewards, Information, awards, Poap, Conferences, Education.
Entertainment = Games, competition, Art, Videos, Movies, party

Now If your land has neither of these two options, people visit it once and never return.

If you invest 6000 dollars buying a land plus 6000 dollars for someone to build a game or something creative … You wait for the return on your investment, we don’t just wait for the land to be valued to sell it.

If you can not create anything and earn nothing the only option is, wait for the land to be valued to recover your investment … then if you can build something, give prizes, generate visits, you don’t need to sell your land, you just start creating more and better content.

3 Likes

Got it. But, do you believe those numbers are misaligned with how new this project is? It’s been ~4 years. At 90,000 parcels, your numbers mean that 13,500 of the parcels have already been built out. It’s hard for new cities to see that growth in such a short span %-wise.

2 Likes

Any thoughts on this?

1 Like