by 0xfe91c0c482e09600f2d1dbca10fd705bc6de60bc (Yemel#60bc)
Let’s recap some important proposals that required a DAO Committee’s hands-on intervention in order to enact them:
- Mar 2021 - Original proposal to migrate to a gas-less voting system.
- May 2021 - The new DAO launches and the first report is published .
- Jun 2021 - Activate Snapshot Delegation .
- Jul 2021 - Convert 1/5 of the Treasury to stablecoins .
- Sep 2021 - Reimbursement of gas fees to DAO Committee.
- Oct 2021 - Expanding the grants program for bigger tires .
- Nov 2021 - Join Blender Development Fund .
- Dec 2021 - Keep Polygon transactions for free .
- Jan 2022 - Resignation of Eric from the DAO Committee.
The main responsibilities of the DAO Committee are:
- Moderate proposals in the governance platform (promote to enacted, passed, rejected)
- Keep updated the list of POIs, BanNames and Catalysts.
- Create and fund vesting contracts for paying grants.
- Calculate and execute compensation for the Wearables Curation Committee.
- Pay the DAO Facilitator a monthly compensation.
- Use the DAO Treasury (release vesting, transfers to operational wallet, swap funds).
- Reimburse gas fees to the DAO Committee.
Some other task related to the role are:
- Attend monthly Town Halls and provide general community support.
- Give feedback to proposals, evaluate risks and implementations pathways.
- Contact external organizations in the name of the DAO.
So far we enacted 181 proposals, distributed as follow:
- 81 POIs added
- 50 grants paid
- 39 polls were enacted
- 10 names banned
- 1 catalyst update
In the past year I have sent 414 transactions from my DAO Committee wallet in the name of the DAO. Thanks to the proposal of reimbursement of gas fees, this operation doesn’t have a monetary loss for the committee members. However, each of these transactions required attention to review/sign and those efforts are not being compensated in any form. I believe this is a problem for the long-term sustainable operation of the DAO.
Adding to this situation, one of the initial three committee members resigned early this year. It has been hard to find a replacement that can take such a responsibility and willing to do it for free.
I believe we need to start compensating the DAO Committee members and set the grounds for a sustainable DAO Committee. What do you think? I’m open to questions and feedback.
- Compensate members of the DAO Committee
- Keep this role voluntary
- Invalid question/options
Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO