[DAO: QmWVSAQ] Do you support making movement in Decentraland more accessible and inclusive for people with disabilities?

by 0x3f95d7fdce43f5052a0f9bd3d376dea6d22c2560 (DegreeMetathon)

Degree believes in inspiring the confidence in everyone to move more – both in the physical and virtual worlds.

The brand is working with a panel of experts, all who are people with disibilities, to assess inclusivity, representation and equity in Decentraland and will use these findings to submit governance proposals to optimize the accessibility and representation of the platform, as well as grant applications to the Decentraland Foundation to fund the implementations. This could range from improving representation of movement in the avatar builder by including options like a prosthetic or a wheelchair, to optimizing screen readers and controllers on the platform so that the blind community and those with reduced mobility can move in this virtual world.

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I believe this poll could benefit from a bit more context. Is there any relevant link? What is Degree? Even though I believe having an accessible experience to Decentraland is key to its success I’m finding it a bit hard to understand the overall picture.
Thanks a lot!

I agree, some additional details would be helpful. From my perspective, since this is just a poll, and would need to be developed into a draft proposal, I will vote in favor of it, since I am supportive of increasing accessibility and representation overall.

Do you support making movement in Decentraland more accessible and inclusive for people with disabilities?

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 98% 1,668,826 VP (17 votes)
  • No 0% 0 VP (0 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 2% 41,976 VP (5 votes)
1 Like

Bonjour je trouve super beau le projet. J ai vue au JO que beaucoup de handy athlètes on besoin de quelqu un pour les aider,par exemple en course a pied guider les mal voyant et j aimerais bien être un de ses aidant,je cherche autour de ma petite ville du Jura.

Do you support making movement in Decentraland more accessible and inclusive for people with disabilities?

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfe91c0c482e09600f2d1dbca10fd705bc6de60bc)

1 Like

Bonjour oui bien sûr. Bonne idée