[DAO:5ead8bb] Add multiple languages to Decentraland Documentation (docs.decentraland.org)

by 0xef50b5b77b9469fd171ee3a3fa375c303af51031 (Demid)

This poll aims to improve the Decentraland Documentation.

We are reaching out to you today to gather your thoughts and opinions on the possibility of adding support for other languages to the Decentraland documentation website.

As you know, Decentraland is the first decetralized metaverse with a diverse community of users from many different countries and cultures. Currently, the documentation website is only available in English, which may make it difficult for some members of our community to fully engage with the platform and its features.

I believe that adding support for other languages to the documentation website could help to make Decentraland more accessible and inclusive for all members of our community.

I would like to hear your thoughts on how this could be achieved. Some possible options include:

1. Implementing a crowdsourcing system where members of the community can contribute translations for the website
  2. Hiring professional translators to translate the entire documentation website into different languages
  3. Providing machine translation services to automatically translate the website into different languages

In my opinion, the most effective way would be to create a crowdsourcing system where community members could contribute translations for the website, because no one knows the Decentraland better than Decentraland users. For example, these can be commits to a repository on GitHub.

Please share your thoughts and opinions on these options, or any other ideas you may have.

VOTING OPTIONS

Yes: I support this idea. Let’s hold a community discussion and reach consensus on translate Decentraland Documentation

No: I believe that the English is enough

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

This seems logical. At least the other top 5~ used languages of the world.

3 Likes

I see there can be some hybrid combination of three options, but 1 is main imo.

3 Likes

I have been using ChatGPT to translate from English to Spanish for educational purposes, it does a great job, it is fast and cost-effective

I would be willing to help with the Spanish part.

Add multiple languages to Decentraland Documentation (docs.decentraland.org)

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 100% 4,289,657 VP (133 votes)
  • No 0% 0 VP (0 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (0 votes)

Add multiple languages to Decentraland Documentation (docs.decentraland.org)

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbfa6d24e6a061e9aea3447163fdfe045177dd40e)