[DAO: QmVCfrG] MANA incentives for USDC-ICE LP on QuickSwap

Honestly disappointing to see several people who have applied for their own “dao grants” voting no on this while not supporting one of the robust and active dev teams that help bring more than half of the DCL population in. They have more than enough ability to deliver and what they are asking is reasonable to me.

8 Likes

I really don’t understand how other p2e proposals are getting passed when they ultimately don’t have land to even develop on, hardly any proof of concepts available, and are going to cause the same dump of wearables/etc - DG is just further developed, actually has land, and brings in a majority of the community to dcl.

4 Likes

DG has continuously put out solid gameplay experiences in Decentraland and prove to continually actively develop both for DG and for DCL. They run not only the most visited spots in DCL but also host one of the sturdiest realms (DG) which we use for non-poker events and hosting and have a large share of the treasury locked up in either land or mana for nodes.

IMO DG has evolved into a full web 3 company and is a shining example of how companies within DCL should help build and grow the space.

@MorrisMustang & @Eibriel - I ask that you to reconsider, DG’s treasury is mostly made up of DCL land, mana (nodes) and the rest is stable coins reserves that are already locked in LPs or set aside for continued dev work during the bear market. DG has always given back via hosting servers and running mana nodes with large amounts of mana reserves, as the market has dropped so has DG’s reserves.

We are simply asking for a grant to help continue sustain the actual players in DCL (this money does not go to DG, but to the ice players via LP who spend 2-5 hours in DCL, many of whom attend events and spend time elsewhere in game as well) - we have many people who love DCL in ice poker and we want both to succeed, we are simply asking for help from our much larger partner until nearby development of the more stable mechanics arrive.

6 Likes

I’m going to tell you a ‘‘brief’’ story about my personal experience with DCL to try to get my point. (You can go straight to the conclusion if you prefer)

I'm Brazilian and like many here, I was experiencing financial difficulties because of the pandemic. This crisis left me destabilized and I was unable to be productive in artistic work as a musician.
    I met DCL in July, learned a lot about and what web3 was from the DG team. No direct financial return, as I only participated in championships for free and had nothing in my wallet.
    I understood that as innovative as it was, DCL is still taking its first steps and more than just injecting money, it was also very necessary to create a really “live” environment with people teaching, learning and having fun together as a society.
    When ICE poker was initially created I wasn't interested due to the high value of wearables, but when @herculys, who I met in Tominoya months ago, warned me that I might be a delegate I was very interested.
    After playing for about 2 months I believed that I could literally change my life and have the financial structure to return to dedicating myself to music production. The value of ICE was practically the same as the currency here.
    When I joined Cyberpunk drop WL it was like a dream come true. I had heard that 'maybe in the future' delegate players who believed they would have the opportunity to become owners. When it actually happened, I didn't even think twice.
    Since then the value of ICE has plummeted and I never thought about accepting an offer for my Richard, who is still lvl 3, but it's only a matter of time. I still believe we are at the beginning.

— CONCLUSION —

What do I mean by all this?
I consider myself a sardine and I know very well my size in this ocean.
Just as I believe I can have the vision and experience of this segment of the target audience.
I learned A LOT and had experiences that I didn’t believe were possible on the internet. And with this learning I managed to insert myself, start to have results and more than that, today I have a promising perspective for my art. It definitely changed my life for the better.
Using myself as an example, I can imagine thousands of people in the same situation.
Poker is very famous here in Brazil and the potential population is getting into cryptos just now.
Speaking for myself, what gave me great confidence in the future of Metaverse was the seriousness, commitment and responsibility I saw from the beginning with DG and when I believed in the team I was rewarded fairly.
Remembering that I’m a small player but I’m very proud of my journey so far and that in my humble opinion ICE can be a great gateway to the DCL for others newbies as it was for me…
I remember well when we celebrated when there were more than 70 people on some plot and we passed WonderMine…
When looking at the medium to long term, I trust all the work of the DG and I believe that the population of the DCL will not regret this vote of confidence, just as DCL will not be forgotten by the DG.

4 Likes
            I’m going to tell you a ‘‘brief’’ story about my personal experience with DCL to try to get my point. (You can go straight to the conclusion if you prefer)

I'm Brazilian and like many here, I was experiencing financial difficulties because of the pandemic. This crisis left me destabilized and I was unable to be productive in artistic work as a musician.
  I met DCL in July, learned a lot about and what web3 was from the DG team. No direct financial return, as I only participated in championships for free and had nothing in my wallet.
  I understood that as innovative as it was, DCL is still taking its first steps and more than just injecting money, it was also very necessary to create a really “live” environment with people teaching, learning and having fun together as a society.
 When ICE poker was initially created I wasn't interested due to the high value of wearables, but when @herculys, who I met in Tominoya months ago, warned me that I might be a delegate I was very interested.
After playing for about 2 months I believed that I could literally change my life and have the financial structure to return to dedicating myself to music production. The value of ICE was practically the same as the currency here.
When I joined Cyberpunk drop WL it was like a dream come true. I had heard that 'maybe in the future' delegate players who believed they would have the opportunity to become owners. When it actually happened, I didn't even think twice.
Since then the value of ICE has plummeted and I never thought about accepting an offer for my Richard, who is still lvl 3, but it's only a matter of time. I still believe we are at the beginning.

— CONCLUSION —

What do I mean by all this?
I consider myself a sardine and I know very well my size in this ocean.
Just as I believe I can have the vision and experience of this segment of the target audience.
I learned A LOT and had experiences that I didn’t believe were possible on the internet. And with this learning I managed to insert myself, start to have results and more than that, today I have a promising perspective for my art. It definitely changed my life for the better.
Using myself as an example, I can imagine thousands of people in the same situation.
Poker is very famous here in Brazil and the potential population is getting into cryptos just now.
Speaking for myself, what gave me great confidence in the future of Metaverse was the seriousness, commitment and responsibility I saw from the beginning with DG and when I believed in the team I was rewarded fairly.
Remembering that I’m a small player but I’m very proud of my journey so far and that in my humble opinion ICE can be a great gateway to the DCL for others newbies as it was for me…
I remember well when we celebrated when there were more than 70 people on some plot and we passed WonderMine…

When looking at the medium to long term, I trust all the work of the DG and I believe that the population of the DCL will not regret this vote of confidence, just as DCL will not be forgotten by the DG.

Ask for a million dollars to give it away? have I understood correctly?

Why should the project that generates the most, has the most development, and is best located be financed?
But it is not a financing for the project, is it a reward for its stakers? I do not see sense.
Why not reward land holders with activity?
For me, dao funds should go to help new projects to develop, not to reward projects that are already successful so that they give it away to their users :?
It looks like an attempt to abuse vote concentration rather than an investment in decentraland.

2 Likes

xeta this is not a development proposal, it is 1 million dollars as rewards to its clients, taking it away from possible future developments.

1 Like

I agree that DG is a big part of Decentraland and Devs are working hard, but I think there is big issue with ICE player community

• there are people that are active on Twitter trying to promote ICE Poker, doing Twitch streams, burning their ICE to upgrade wearables and to sustain the whole economy of game - this is the good part of community
  • but then there is another part, they don’t care about ICE Poker future, all they care about is extracting money from game by any means. If ICE Poker would die, they would just move on to another game and do the same.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that the second part is the biggest part, that is why ICE Poker is currently doing so poorly and 1M$ MANA won’t change that.

4 Likes

You understand that “feelings” are not “data” or “facts” and have no place in a fact-based argument, right?

If my argument wouldn’t be true, would the ICE Poker be doing this poorly currently and requesting money?

One fact I do know, that some people are preteding to support ICE Poker while they are actually exploiting the system. Heard one guy talking on EmpressRaeon stream how he was exploiting the system, got banned for it by DG, but created a support ticket to get unbanned and to continue to exploit the game. Maybe you know who am I talking about?

1 Like

I enjoy your pivoting from your feelings to misrepresenting poorly articulated stories :smiley: It’s a step closer to getting to a fact-based position.

Playing Mutltiple accounts is blanketly against ToS, because it’s the only effective way to police the issue of people who are colluding and cheating.

Honest players using two accounts to play at two separate times of the day, are not “people are pretending to support ICE Poker while they are actually exploiting the system.”

It’s intellectually dishonest and will only invalidate any decent points hiding under all the BS you dressed it up in.

Why is this not a grant proposal?

2 Likes

“A mobile client is being built for ICE poker.”
-Yes
“They are moving away from DCL anyway.”
-DG, has not said this at all, nor it is the intention. Even if some of the comments from the community seem that way. DG is quite invested in DCL with over 1K Parcels of LAND. No reason to leave, this proposal is not whether DG stays in DCL or not, its about receiving a temporary (3 months) incentive on the USDC-ICE LP paying in MANA to all those who stake in it but DG (meaning DG will not Stake in its LP and earn).

“The DCL grants are for paying creators who build on DCL (DG included) but not for sustaining price of any tokens” Sadly i have seen many grants proposed being passed and those who submitted those have either gone AFK, or are still “developing” without the proper team or resources and some without even a single parcel of LAND. DG has the only real working p2e in decentraland, developed and continues to develop, on LAND the DG DAO Treasury already owns.

3 Likes
  1. is not a valid argument Tobik, DG is not asking for money to continue with project. ICE Poker will continue with or without the Incentives of MANA for the LP.
  2. What is real content for DCL by your definition? DCL is a metaverse and unfortunnately the only thing happening in DCL right now, are either DJ parties, parkour, or big brand onboarding, nothing is really being developed gaming wise on a metaverse where the first thing people ask in places like Genesis Plaza or Wondermine is “How to earn?”
  3. would you be so kind to point out the lack of interaction with the community?

I joined DCL because of an ad i saw on Decentral Games about a year and half ago, stayed after jumping around a few spots, have minted names, submitted wearable collections which btw it was Saus from DG who hosted my first wearable release in dcl, hosted events with several non-DG or ICE poker members.

DG is by far the biggest component in DCL and we shouldnt take this out of context at all.

4 Likes

“it is 1 million dollars as rewards to its clients, taking it away from possible future developments.”

By this comment, the incentives for staking will go to anyone staking in the LP, this means you, me or anyone staking in it, they dont have to be DG “clients” which we call users, DCL users.

“For me, dao funds should go to help new projects to develop, not to reward projects that are already successful so that they give it away to their users :?” What projects can you mention with a grant given to them for developing purposes and we can right now jump in there and P2E like real P2E.

3 Likes

sir, with all due respect

“A mobile client is being built for ICE poker.”
-Yes
“They are moving away from DCL anyway.”
-DG, has not said this at all, nor it is the intention. Even if some of the comments from the community seem that way. DG is quite invested in DCL with over 1K Parcels of LAND. No reason to leave, this proposal is not whether DG stays in DCL or not, its about receiving a temporary (3 months) incentive on the USDC-ICE LP paying in MANA to all those who stake in it but DG (meaning DG will not Stake in its LP and earn).

• the key rationale in the proposal is ICE poker DAU = DCL DAU, but that won’t be true after having the mobile client

“The DCL grants are for paying creators who build on DCL (DG included) but not for sustaining price of any tokens” Sadly i have seen many grants proposed being passed and those who submitted those have either gone AFK, or are still “developing” without the proper team or resources and some without even a single parcel of LAND. DG has the only real working p2e in decentraland, developed and continues to develop, on LAND the DG DAO Treasury already owns.

• in that case may be DAO need to raise the bar of approving grants, but not “hey we have been spending irresponsibly already, why not for this grant as well”
  • i fear that all P2E will need the bull mkt back in order to sustain token price, 1mil won’t help

“the key rationale in the proposal is ICE poker DAU = DCL DAU, but that won’t be true after having the mobile client”

“hey we have been spending irresponsibly already, why not for this grant as well" definitely not what i meant, but if the argument is that grant proposals are only for creators developing and improving DCL as a community, I simply don’t see that happening. Whereas we have DG with a full on working model asking for support over 3 months in the form of incentives for not only the ICE Poker ecosystem but for DCL as well, while they continue to develop on their own the game modes mentioned by Miles.

My point is I’m failing to see a reasonable and presented with facts on a counter-argument to this proposal, while DG team has and I’m sure would be more than glad to continue providing details on the reasoning for proposal.

3 Likes

You guys don’t like this proposal because you think giving MANA to ICE Poker doesn’t help DCL.
Plz think in long term view.
which one will bring more new users and exposure to the public between new project and DG in long term view?
Of course if this proposal will be passed, it would help for DG growth. and DG keeps dedication for development to not only DG but also DCL itself more than now.

And many are worried about ICE mobile which seems away from dcl. but it’s not true. DG said there is less onboard friction to ICE Poker but less revenue. So mobile will play a role of starting point and bring people to DCL for more revenue.

Thanks for reading.

4 Likes

We’ve had conviction around Decentraland and it’s role in delivering an interactive 3D frontend for the open metaverse from its inception in 2017. Since then, we’ve purchased 1000+ parcels of LAND and invested millions of dollars to build engaging content to attract and retain over 60% of the platform’s users.

This MANA allocation is a stepping stone to assist in stabilizing our in-game economy as we prepare to launch ICE Poker Sit-n-Go tournaments, along with other key initiatives that drive organic demand and utility for ICE, and solidify our ecosystem’s long term sustainability.

With the support of the Decentraland team and community, we look forward to onboarding the next million users into Decentraland and the nascent metaverse.

5 Likes

MANA incentives for USDC-ICE LP on QuickSwap

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 59% 4,688,364 VP (114 votes)
  • No 41% 3,314,951 VP (47 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (0 votes)
2 Likes