Should the following Tier 6: up to $240,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Gaming category be approved?
Ethermon is a play-to-earn game ecosystem, revolving around dynamic Mon NFTs and spanning a growing number of platforms and blockchains. It launched as the first NFT battle game on Ethereum in 2017.
When the original team decided to end development, the most passionate players stepped up and took over the project in 2019. This has been a community-driven project ever since.
Our browser-based PVP battle game has steadily grown to over 280K registered accounts on ethermon.io. However, our most exciting and intensive development is our Ethermon District in Decentraland.
Our mission is to turn the largest game-focused district (668 LAND) into the most active and immersive full-scale MMO-inspired experience in Decentraland.
Our team has dedicated 11 months now to building the Ethermon District into the best MMO game possible — focusing on the gameplay experience before monetization. All of us in the DCL community are blazing trails through the challenges inevitable in this new frontier of metaverse gaming.
This project has come an incredibly long way since it began in 2017. For Ethermon to reach the full potential we saw when we decided to take over the project as players and community members, we are inviting all of you across DCL to join our community.
The funding requested would allow us to make key hires and server upgrades necessary to achieve the ambitious goals detailed in Alpha 2.0 and Alpha 3.0 of the roadmap below. We want to deliver these exciting updates on an expedited timeline for our community who has been with us since the beginning.
Let’s make this a truly community-driven success and take Ethermon to the next level.
We launched the pre-alpha version of the Ethermon District in April 2021. Post-release, we have been improving it around the clock for nearly a year with a dedicated global team. You can now explore our extensive town center with your 3D-rendered Mons, enjoy regular community events, and battle PVE enemies in the first of 6 battle biomes.
The Alpha 1.0 version of Ethermon in DCL involves a complete gaming ecosystem. The following features have now been completed.
Click here to visit the live Ethermon District at 79,52.
Complete Builds & District Development
- Ethermon District Plaza where you can hang out with friends and explore the buildings making up the foundation of our District’s P2E ecosystem, now in active development
- Battle Biome 1: Forest theme, where you can battle PvE enemies for loot drops
- Custom Player House with unlockable features and upgradable content
Complete Mon NFT integrations
- 60+ Mons that are modeled, animated, and fully functional in DCL — on both Ethereum and Polygon
- Live Display of all Mon and PvE enemy stats
- Mon Spawning so you can instantly spawn any DCL-ready Mon in your collection
- Implementation of Mon Teams to rebalance the game economy by making it fair for all levels of Mon holders
Complete Game Mechanics & Ecosystem
- Real-time, turn-based battles with over 100 unique battle moves for your Mons
- 8 new types of PvE enemies to challenge your Mons
- 50+ new types of loot to win from PvE battles
- Inventory System to collect and display your items as you adventure , and an additional Storage System to organize surplus loot in your House
- Ability to Craft & Burn Loot, turning loot drops into either premium items or other rewards
Click here to see screen captures of the above progress
Our core team includes game design, metaverse, and blockchain industry experts.
- Eric (EB), Co-Founder and 3D Lead
- Idon, Co-Founder and Blockchain Tech Lead
- Jamie, COO
- Ryan (Rmac), CMO
- Nycolas, Lead Game Designer & Front-End Developer
- Inihility, Full Stack Developer
- Juxton, Front-End Developer
- Mohib (Mariana44), Back-End Developer
- Polygonal Minds (Lau and Hugo), 3D Artists
- Arpesh, 3D Artist
- Javid, 2D Artist
In addition to our core full-time team of 12 listed above, we have grown to over 50 total part-time employees and passionate volunteers, including devs, artists, community moderators, and dedicated support agents.
Roadmap and milestones
Q2 2022 — ALPHA 2.0
In final Alpha development, we will solidify the District’s resource-driven economy.
- Biome Bosses (see teaser)
- Player Skills to level up as you chop wood, mine ore, and fish for resources
- Equipable NFTs & Wearables
- Consumable Items for in-battle buffs
- In-game Music, Sound effects & Feedback
- WebSocket Server Upgrade to view other players’ Mons, battle, and loot
- 120 Total Mons
Q3 2022 — BETA 1.0
Our full-scale Beta release is defined by a massive expansion of play-to-earn gameplay. This includes more than doubling the playable Ethermon District size, with the addition of 2 new Battle Biomes. There, you’ll encounter new enemies, bosses, resources, loot, quests and features to progress and earn even more.
- Battle Biome 2: Dark Forest theme
- Battle Biome 3: Mountain theme
- Form Guilds to achieve special quests and compete in guild v. guild tournaments
- Custom Housing for both guilds and single players to develop in-district and even on owned LAND
- Player-owned Shops to sell your loot in the Ethermon Plaza and level up your merchant experience
- New Player Skills to cook consumables, blacksmith NFT wearables, and construct house upgrades
- PvP Battle Tournaments
- Multiplayer Battles against Biome Bosses
- Visual Upgrades: animations of 100+ unique Mon moves, loot drops, battle scenes, and more.
- 180 Total Mons
Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO