[DAO: Qma2SER] Help fund my journey to the TEDtalk circuit

by 0x119e6f4644651e77eeb7031f4988ba29346d9608

Should the following Tier 3: up to a 3 month vesting contract of $3000 - $5000 USD in MANA, with a one month cliff grant in the Content Creator category be approved?

Abstract

I am going to be hiring a “Life Coach” that specializes in assisting people to prepare and finalize their TEDx. He has a helped 300+ people reach their goal of sharing their message with the world, for some ultimately landing paid speaking and book deals. Real quick overview of the message I’m going to be sharing. Misdiagnosed and mismedicated at 12, a first suicide attempt at 14, high school and collegiate athlete. Diagnosed Bipolar at 19. Broke my back snowboarding at 22, in come the opiates and back surgeries. Multiple suicide attempts (life support for 7-10 days), rehabs, and psych wards. Thought bipolar diagnosis was a death sentence, no Dr. told me anything different. Finally overcame. No more meds and life worth living.

Grant size

7,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0x479D5C2BEb27206fe1a369F26C25469C389fC54E

Description

I have been on the crypto/blockchain journey for a little over 3 years (seriously for 2) and I can’t believe how many people are still so reticent to take the plunge. My intent is once I have a platform with which to “inspire and influence” people (not to be arrogant) I hope to help brick and mortars make the transition to blockchain and online literacy. I have an old-school mentality with a forward/future-looking mindset. I refuse to play by anyone else rules for the sake of decorum. I refuse to live according to any labels, titles, and roles that I disagree with either morally or philosophically. I am whole, healthy, and a force to be reckoned with, I will not go quietly into that good night. I will help tear down this infernal machine brick by brick, bringing it all down on my head if I must. I will not let this garbage be passed on to my children. Help me.

Specification

Pay the “tuition” for the Life Coach and his team. I have already had a final interview, just waiting to raise the funding to begin the one on one work and start filling out the TEDx applications.

Personnel

Taylor Conroy has developed “How To Land A TEDx Talk & Spread Your Message To Millions In The Next 30 Days.” training. The "tuition covers that 30 days and then he continues to mentor one on one for 12 months after. He has put together a team of trainers. Travis Connover is my contact that I have interviewed with and will be working closely with.

Roadmap and milestones

Taylor’s team fills out the first 20 applications to land a TEDx talk within 30 days. I will document and update via a blog/vlog/social media channels but will write personalized letters to the community and any donors that help me reach this goal. In addition to the micro-updates, I will send a “highlights” update discussing the progress on macro-level every 30 days and will provide access to my trainers and mentors to send updates and communicate, and answer any questions from any of those responsible for helping me reach my goals. Be they good things or bad things about my progress.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

how would this tie into decentraland?