[DAO:izv25qu] Make grant requests progressive as requirement since Tier 4 (60 000)

by 0x598f8af1565003ae7456dac280a18ee826df7a2c (pablo)

What I propose is, instead of allowing any address to directly request the maximum Tier.
Require per address to first go, as maximum with Tier 3, once vesting contract is finished, then allow Tier 4 for the same submitter address, and so on.

This protects the funds of the DAO, also ensure the commitment of a team with Decentraland platform over time and also helps the teams to grow in a healthy way.

The DAO comittee can validate the proposals once passed, so there is no coding effort necessary in the DAO dapp from start, although of course they will save some time if the dApp already covers it.

• YES
  • NO
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

2 Likes

Hey @pablo to clarify, you’re proposing that any address can request any tier but tier 4 60k grant, and that if someone is to apply for a tier 4 60k grant, they must have applied and passed a lower tier grant first? This will be used as a sort of verify that an individual is doing whats appropriate, and not gaining access to larger funds off the bat, correct?

After a discussion with pablo in the DCL DAO discord, my comment above has been addressed, and my assumptions were correct. I will be voting YES on this. Thank you!

2 Likes

Don’t we already do this with our votes? If deemed excessive, you can vote “no”. If a questionable grant request comes up, you can vote “no”.

If a group or project that has merit within Decentraland, and has shown its value within the community requires Tier 4; you now have created an unnecessary multi step process.

Many complain about the clutter of the DAO process. This will just add an additional step for those trying to get their project on their way.

4 Likes

Yea id see this as gatekeeping. Mean i get the thought but lets get to the real issue we all know their is whale accounts and collectives voting themselves money. Throwing up one gate wont stop them.

2 Likes

Exactly!

This is precisely the intended outcome. A tier 4 grant is up to $60,000. I think some kind of “proof of stake in the community” is necessary. We have seen time and again entities with huge capital reserves come in with millions of VP via absentee land squatting, millions in vp delegation, and mana holding. They take kickbacks in exchange for whale votes securing the VP threshold before any public debate happens.

The proposals are lean on details because it doesn’t matter if they are scrutinized by the community. If 50 people come in and vote and comment and say, “this does not make sense.” and “your asking for way too much money here. You only need half this amount.” The proposal passes anyway. It just happened yesterday.

As far as requiring an extra step is concerned, which up from the grassroots community member has come before the DAO with a grant proposal of $60,000 and got it on their first try? Count them out for me. Now tell me how many had a proposal shot down only to come back one, two, three, four, or more times and resubmitted something.

It’s supposed to be hard.

DCL is a couple of Mega-whales away from having the treasury drained to near zero. It is totally plausible and perfectly allowable given the current rule structure. Let’s put up some barriers to that kind of action.

Voting YES

1 Like

The only people complaining about the process are the people wanting easy money from the community. If you’re asking for a Kickstarter investment of 60k+ it should be hard lol

Having projects slowly scale up is better for long term growth of Decentraland, a few grants in the $100k + range are falling short or over promising. I believe something like this can protect from that.

1 Like

Make grant requests progressive as requirement since Tier 4 (60 000)

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 51% 485,225 VP (45 votes)
  • No 48% 457,874 VP (6 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 204 VP (3 votes)