[DAO:f5c2b3f] Update #2 for proposal "Hire LordLike as DAO Strategic Unit (DAO worker)"

Author: 0x247e0896706bb09245549e476257a0a1129db418
Update Status: On Time
Project Health: :green_circle: On Track

Introduction

Hello, Community. It’s LordLike from the Strategic Unit. Here is my second grant update.

Highlights

• 7th Strategic Planning Session. During this session, we discussed Governance, Legal and Platform Enhancement topics.
  • Financial Planning Session. In it, we discussed current initiatives and future possible steps related to the monetary blueprint. During this session, I invited one of the key industry experts in digital asset (Treasury) management, Karpatkey, who manages the Ethereum Name System Endowment Fund, as well as Avantgarde Finance. It was the second time they had participated in discussions with the Community and at this meeting they presented a draft proposal related to DAO Treasury Management. This session featured many valuable, engaging, and diverse thoughts from Community members.
  • Conducted analysis and report on Legal topic. (WIP)
  • Submitted Pitch Proposal on Legal Consulting for Decentraland DAO to ensure that the DAO is built on a solid foundation that can weather challenges, protect its stakeholders, and thrive in the evolving digital world.
  • Gauged Community sentiment on reducing DAO expenses for Grants Program.
  • Provided suggestions to improve usability of a Decentraland website’s map.
  • Drafted some ideas on decision-making framework for grants. (WIP)

Reduce DAO expenses on Grants Program (Section “POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS”, point 4 of DAO Proposal above.)

• Identified and drafted points on governance initiatives - guidelines and procedures. (WIP)

• Worked on DAO Strategic doc. (WIP)

Blockers

No blockers.

Next steps

I will continue to participate in creating a document that consolidates all the Community’s thoughts and work that have been done by the strategic planning working group. This will include the DAO’s clear goals and objectives, mission and vision, manifesto, and other components of a strategic document. I will focus on advancing financial planning initiatives by engaging with key experts in digital asset management - Karpatkey and Avantgarde Finance. I will discuss the points of their proposal with them and tailor it to align with our governance system. The DAO will then decide whether this proposal is a good fit.

I will also present a clearer version of thoughts that I drafted concerning governance guidelines.

In my role within the Strategic Unit, I am communicating closely with web 3.0 financial experts to refine our financial strategy. By collaborating with them, we can elevate our treasury management to professional standards. A major part of my focus is bringing all the Community’s ideas and work that have been done into a coherent strategic plan. Having a well-thought-out strategy with clear goals, objectives, and mission will allow us to allocate resources wisely and make decisions that best serve our Community’s interests. My efforts to bring legal consulting to the DAO are laying a solid foundation, enabling us to navigate challenges more effectively. By gauging Community sentiment and drafting clearer governance guidelines, I’m working to ensure that our decision-making processes are transparent and aligned with our Community’s values. All these steps are crucial for the DAO’s long-term stability and growth.

Additional notes and links

View this update on the Governance dApp