[DAO:f461ba6] Should the DAO restrict the ability for members with less than a certain amount of VP to vote on proposals?

could but people could use blending or using mixing services like tornado cash was to move funds to different wallets to erase trails. No stopping anyone moving the funds through nfts or this and that and making funds harder to track. Creating x amount wallets and delegating through multiple transactions. No matter what way we try to counter it short of setting hard names to the dao or platform and monitoring identities and patterns it will be a constant battle to figure that stuff out. I dunno if it would be worth going through the hassle to do all the above. I guess if you had money interests tho it would be for someone in the future possible. Maybe to some here it still is. Why they play the games they do. Since we use the name nfts and those can change via assigned alias. Also voting alone doesnt take registration just wallet signature. To do tracking is a time consumer and under taking endeavor. Short of complete kyc or vp restructure to something other then current path this will continue to be a issue. Im not fan of this proposal but i understand it the sentiment. If the people want to see what its like to do this. Id hope it would be a low amount like one - five mana that would be reasonable in cost. Either way i feel the trolls would spend the time to spoof wallets and mana transactions just for the spite.

Should the DAO restrict the ability for members with less than a certain amount of VP to vote on proposals?

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 7% 238,396 VP (66 votes)
  • No 65% 2,168,072 VP (63 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 28% 963,405 VP (61 votes)
1 Like

Have them delegate their VP to me. Please.

1 Like

We’re looking into this, lets chat in due time

1 Like

Thank you. I can be reached in the CBD Discord 1∑xistence#0817 or Twitter @existentialnoho

Should the DAO restrict the ability for members with less than a certain amount of VP to vote on proposals?

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)