by 0xa7f9756bc9d51aa3b3c71f79392ea8c685f10766 (TrustInDCL)
Should the following Tier 4: up to $60,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Community category be approved?
WE WANT TO MAKE DECENTRALAND A SAFER SPACE.
This project will make it easier and safer for all users in DCL to do business with each other. We want to create a platform that makes it possible for all users in Decentraland to make reviews of businesses or people they have dealt with, and to make a complaint against a business or people that they have dealt with.
The main functions of the platform will be to review DCL businesses, report scams, and advice on the general safety in DCL.
The platform will act as an open registry where everyone can make a review or report scam. All users will have full access to the platform to create, review, report and to view the registries.
THE GOAL IS SAFETY.
This project is here to protect all users from people that is taking advantage of DCL users, and a review platform of trustworthy businesses and also share bad experiences. This is an open platform, where everybody can report but also review people and businesses with complete freedom of speech.
1. The Report Registry:
The project will function as a website and a Discord, where users can report people and businesses. The report registry will function as a database that stores reports and complaints from users regarding scam. Everyone will be able to create a report and complaint, and the only filter there will be is the team that will filter trolls and non serious written reports. The result of this registry will be that now every DCL user can look up other users and businesses that they are doing business with to see if there is anyone else that has done business with them and has had good or bad reputation. (Upvote and downvote of reports will also be possible)
2. The Review Registry:
The project will feature a forum where users can review businesses and users that they have done business with. It is an open forum with close to no centralisation. That means we will not enforce or censor anything, but be a foundation for safety and reviewing. The reviewer will be able to post anything they would like to - the team behind will only filtrate for trolls and the likes. (Upvote and downvote of reviews will also be possible)
3. Scam Prevention, Advice & Help Center
The website will also host a section for advice to help the users of Decentraland to fare the Metaverse in safety. The Scam Prevention & Advice will have the function to help the users prepare themselves for the “dangers” of trading and doing business in Decentraland. The help center will also have a FAQ section. Users will be able to create threads with a question and other users will be able to answer the questions. Furthermore, there will be a general safety guide that will instruct the users on how to stay safe and avoid scammers/swindlers in DCL. The guide will involve the safest places to do business in Decentraland and refer to the positive rated reviews in The Review Registry.
4. And much more:
Other than the website, there will also be a Discord server which will be a more interactive version of the website. The Discord will have staff ready to assist and answer questions for users who need it, regarding the functionality of the Discord/website.
The project will also include a DCL in-game office that will function as an informative office, where users can gather information in-game and be pointed towards the website and/or Discord.
We are making a safespace for all users in DCL to validate the ones they are doing honest business with and report those who aren’t honest. Check up on the businesses and users you do business with and report businesses and users that have acted in a deceitful way or create a review of their business.
Let’s make DCL a safer place together!
We need your help to make this project. If this project is granted funding, the community will become a safer place for everyone. This project will make DCL a much more honest environment.
THE EXECUTION OF THE PROJECT
The project will have 100% fully transparent registries where all users in the world can access. “Trust In DCL” will distance itself from being the judge, the jury and the executioner - instead being an informative platform for the users of DCL to help each other and educate themselves. By acting on these terms, Trust In DCL will not be able to be subject to any forms of untrustworthy and favouring.
Transparency and mission:
The project will be transparent and provide safety advice on how to make sure new users can avoid scammers, but also a place where people can make general complaints & issues about their experience in DCL. People will also be able to review their experience with businesses in DCL, so people can share their experiences about DCL companies of all kinds. Daily operations will be focused on advising users, making blog-posts about safety in DCL - making improvements to the platform, and removal of spam posts from the registry - and updating the registries on the platform. This will be done to ensure quality and transparency for the community, and none-bias reports & registries for the community. Users will be able to see user-feedback and reviews without centralisation, self-interest and biasness getting in the way.
- The website will be built with help from the team-members and external developers.
- The main functions will be: The Report Registry, The Review Registry & Scam Prevention, Advice & Help Center.
HOW TO REPORT A SCAM/COMPLAINT & PROCESS
- The Report Registry will function as an user friendly model that will be made as a fill out step by step form. To start, the user will enter the website and click “The Report Registry” and then start to fill out a form. In the form, the user will start out with filling out his name and meaterversi information. Then the user will fill out a report form with several steps to get the most detailed report. When the form is complete, it will automatically be posted in “The Report Registry” open for all users to view, comment and share.
HOW TO REVIEW A BUSINESS & PROCESS
- The Review Registry will be built by the same method as The Report Registry, but adopted to the means of reviewing a business. The user will fill out a business review form and fill it out step by step. Then it will be published in “The Review Registry” (only Decentraland businesses and activity can be reviewed here).
SCAM PREVENTION, ADVICE & HELP CENTER
- Scam Prevention, Advice & Help Center will be its own division and will host different functions, such as an FAQ regarding many diverse questions about the different elements of a scam: prevention, what to do when being scammed, how to report etc. Another function will be the Advice section, where there will be a live-chat for users with questions that are not answered in FAQ. The last function will be the Information section, which will act as a collection of relevant information about online safety, metaverse security and avoiding being scammed, so that the blog-posts are up-to-date with the crypto and Decentraland space.
DEMO VERSION OF THE SITE:
This is a demo page that is subject to change. This is for visual purposes only.
MEET THE TEAM
The team is made of dedicated people, whom already help many new users every day, which helps with onboarding and understanding of how to get started in DCL, and it’s key elements. The team have backgrounds in a successful business in DCL, and want to further improve the users’ possibility to make good decisions before making transactions with businesses in DCL, or before they interact with scammers.
- Discord username: Bendstrup#0733
- Skills: DCL Expert, Advisor & Safety expert in DCL
Safety Agent & Project Supporter:
- Discord username: Boldsen#6470
- Skills: DCL Expert, Advisor, Onboarding of new users
Project Advisor & Management:
- Discord username: Klockmann#3349
- Skills: Project management & DCL Expert.
- We are in contact with dev-experts which can fulfill the vision within the budget. Example: SirDropBear to complete our building. We’re also in contact with website developers and others.
Our background for completing and making the project a success, is coming from an already successful DCL business. The team’s experience in the DCL is important to make this project come to life.
GET IN TOUCH + OUR LINKS:
- Email: TrustInDCL@gmail.com
- Links: trustindcl | Twitter | Linktree
Roadmap and milestones
Month 0 to 2:
- Design of website and development start.
- Registry & report setup will be developed.
- Making the foundations of “Scam Prevention, Advice & Help Center”.
- Initiate feedback process for “reviewing a business” will be organized and developed.
- Establishing the “Trust in DCL” community and open live chat.
Month 2 to 4
- Evaluate improvements from the month before, from the community & from DAO Grant Support Squad.
- Review the results and automation opportunities.
- Proceeding development of “Scam Prevention, Advice & Help Center”.
- Registries and report development & setup will be finished.
- Design of website and development will be completed.
- “Review a business” will be in testing phase and near completion.
Month 4 to 6
- Scene creation and development of the “Trust In DCL” headquarters.
- Land rental will happen after scene development has finished.
- Testing & completion of all website functions and registries.
- Official release.
We strive to make the project release before it’s due. But it’s important everything is perfect, and make sure the project have the wanted quality of the project.
To keep track of all of the related update, we’ll release reports and share them on our (soon to be released) community platforms & in the DAO grant community on their discord. But we will also be ready to answer questions on the forum and on email.
Thank you for reading
Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO