[DAO: bafkrei] Process for Establishing Formal Working Groups

by 0x76fb13f00cdbdd5eac8e2664cf14be791af87cb0 (Matimio)

Should the DAO set up a formal process for establishing and facilitating working groups to resolve core community issues in the DAO’s dedicated Discord server?

Working Groups allow engaged members of the DCL community to collaborate and ultimately solve the problems and opportunities identified in Pre-Proposal Polls. Since opening the dedicated DAO discord, DAO Facilitators have been following an informal process for mediating collaborative resolution of core issues, following passage of a pre-proposal poll. The proposal will aim to formalize the process of creating working groups for the community following the passage of a “pre-proposal poll,” leading to the submission of a well-thought-out and socialized governance proposal.

• Yes, I support a process for establishing formal working groups
  • No, I oppose a process for establishing formal working groups
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

Voted YES. Working groups have proven to be useful in the recent past. A formal process that outlines the steps to reach the formation of a working group just makes sense.

2 Likes

Voted no. I don’t see the rationale behind “formalizing” the process, if it’s already happening and working great. What would formalizing the process mean? (I don’t want the DAO to become a bureaucracy!)

2 Likes

Process for Establishing Formal Working Groups

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes, i support a process for establishing formal working groups 77% 1,424,820 VP (49 votes)
  • No, i oppose a process for establishing formal working groups 23% 444,450 VP (1 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (0 votes)

Thanks for the feedback Maraoz.

This will allow us to automate it easier in the future, for example, potential making it so there is a feature that allows the creator of a poll to request a working group be opened in the discord.

Right now everything is informal, so the process is technically discretionary. “Formalizing” a process simply outlines it, describes what is/will be happening, and sets some standard objectives, outputs and outcomes of these working groups.

Hopefully this is described in more detail in the Draft Proposal form.

Process for Establishing Formal Working Groups

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfe91c0c482e09600f2d1dbca10fd705bc6de60bc)