[DAO: bafkrei] Decentraland Explorer Mobile App

Hi @ArtReYou , @maraoz

Thanks for your comments.

I just claimed a DCL name and I feel better now. Thanks for the warning.

I also want to say a few words about the benefits of having a mobile app besides a website:

• People prefer in-app experiences over websites.
    Mobile users spend 88% of their time on apps.
    (source: Apps Far Outpace Browsers in US Adults’ Mobile Time Spent - Insider Intelligence Trends, Forecasts & Statistics)

• Mobile apps usually work faster than websites.
    Almost always, mobile apps have smaller footprint than websites.

• Apps are designed with a mobile-only approach. On the other hand, websites are designed with a desktop-first/mobile-second approach.
    Mobile-specific design results in better UX and allows intuitive usage.

• Push notifications
    iOS still does not support web push notifications however, there is no such limitation for mobile push notifications.

• Almost all known web platforms (Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) have their mobile apps although they have a website app because of the benefits of having a mobile app.

@ArtReYou
I understand your concern about the login feature. It is on the list because the app users are requesting this feature .
If it stays on the roadmap and is implemented in the future, it will never be a requirement to use the app.

I am kindly requesting you to re-consider your vote based on my comments.

… and @maraoz thanks for highlighting that this is a proposal for further development of a working product. It is not for an idea and not even for a prototype.
There is already a great amount of software development effort invested in it.

I tried to submit a detailed proposal but in case if anything is unclear I will be happy to answer your questions.

Thanks

1 Like