[DAO:b2c3342] Add the location -57,-57 to the Points of Interest

by 0x43aeb5026ebf984f2b42f2898392b5ef3f5be2a2

Genesis Plaza

Should the scene located at -57,-57 be added to the Point of Interest list?

Description

The scene located at -57, -57 is the Nestle Cereals Metaclub. There are two NFT collections currently for sale, associated with the launch and two mini-games within the space. The space also includes informative content about Nestle initiatives.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Hi Nestle Cereals,

I jumped into your build and it’s beautiful, well made, and looks like a professional installation. I personally appreciate your brand entering our Decentraland metaverse! I was able to purchase your NFT’s when they minted, and I hope to see more from your brand here.

That being said, I wholeheartedly believe that you are asking for a POI star much too early in your journey here. Some venues wait months before asking the community for this kind of support. I will post a general message below that I use as a guideline when voting on POI stars:

To me I think locations that are worthy of a Point of Interest star have done the following:

1. Worked to host events before applying for a POI star
2. Gotten to know community members and become active within the DCL community
3. Brought value to the greater Decentraland community in a way that is not self-serving
4. Minted the name they are proposing the POI with
5. Have not voted on their own proposal: Let the community make this decision

Many businesses wait months or even years before applying for a POI star. Have you held any events at your land? Do you have any scheduled in the future? Many brands may believe that a POI star is the next logical step in building their presence in the metaverse. However many of us feel that a POI star is an honor given to locations who have expended time and energy to build not only their brand, but Decentraland as a whole. Some brands seek a POI star to draw attention and customers to their parcel. Other options might include: Hold events at your land, either for your own brand, or let other users use your venue to showcase their wearable release, DJ party, etc. Have event pages for your events to drive traffic to the parcel. Sponsor community events, such as the fashion shows held regularly and other projects that would benefit from the support. Maintain a social media account and connect with Decentraland users on Twitter, Instagram, Discord, etc. The more the community gets to know you and your venue, the more value they will feel that it brings to Decentraland.

This is general information I share with most venues applying for POI stars, and I hope that it has been helpful. I will be voting no at this time because I’ve not seen any other community engagement from you. I’d be happy to vote yes in the future as your company gets more involved and becomes more active in Decentraland :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @Canessa!
Big thanks for your detailed comment. We are glad that you liked the space, as we have put a lot of efforts into its development. There is definitely added value from our space to Decentraland`s community as we are going to drive new users to platform through a marketing campaign that is going to kick off next week. As it goes, we will be able to share more details on it.

Thanks for sharing the points you follow when considering a place being worthy of a Point of Interest! Hopefully, in the coming weeks & months we will be able prove that the space meets those criteria.

Hey Edward! I agree with Canessa that POIs are given only after you’ve done the following that she mentioned. Gives the whole POI system more meaning. Will vote ‘no’ now because of that but I hope to one day change that bc i’m a huge fan of koko krunch.

Great build… @Existential14 and I looked around together and played some games. I agree with @Canessa. It is much too early to earn a POI star. I believe those should be reserved for locations that consistently bring value and quality engagement for the community. I encourage you to get to know our players, visitors and daily users, so that you may create events and update your experience in a way that will keep them coming back to your parcel and building a meta-relationship with your brand.

Yes we explored the location together and it is a pretty nice build. I am curious if there will be new wearables or what all you have planned for the upcoming event. I know it would be nice to have the POI to stand out for that time but alas, without having done anything recent and consistently it will have to be a no from me as well.

Add the location -57,-57 to the Points of Interest

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 39% 1,477,608 VP (58 votes)
  • No 60% 2,270,974 VP (49 votes)
  • Abstain 1% 6,022 VP (16 votes)