[DAO:b29cb5a] Should the "Extra" category be added as another category of accessories?

by 0x1b35f4d22b2c8bc706bcfcc383a1ca77fb4fc600 (punkpink)

Linked Draft Proposal

Should the “Extra” category be added as another category of accessories?

Summary

Proposal for the addition of an “Extra” category in Decentraland to enhance creative freedom in accessory design.

Abstract

This proposal aims to introduce a new “Extra” category in Decentraland for avatar accessories. Motivated by the current limitation in categorization, it seeks to provide creators with a more appropriate platform for their diverse accessory designs, enhancing both creative freedom and user experience.

External Image

Motivation

Currently, Decentraland’s accessory categories are restrictive, compelling creators to add unrelated elements like earrings or tiaras to their designs for categorization purposes. This leads to inconsistencies and hinders creative expression. For instance, an ax accessory is forced into an unrelated category, necessitating the addition of an earring, which is not only irrelevant but also a distraction. Introducing an “Extra” category will resolve these issues, allowing creators to classify their accessories more accurately without unnecessary additions.

Specification

The proposal includes creating an “Extra” category to encompass a wide range of accessories such as halos, belts, wings, swords, and cigars, currently misplaced in categories like earrings or tiaras. “Extra” category must have the same requirements as any other accessory. This category will streamline the categorization process, eliminate the need for forced, irrelevant additions, and accurately represent the creators’ original design intent.

Impacts

Implementation involves updating the categorization system to include the “Extra” category and updating documentation.

Implementation Pathways

The introduction of the “Extra” category is expected to positively impact the creative community by providing a more flexible and relevant categorization system. It’s anticipated to increase creator satisfaction, enhance the diversity of accessory designs, and improve the overall user experience in Decentraland. The proposal’s success will be measured by creator feedback, the diversity of new accessories, and user engagement with the new category.

Conclusion

By implementing the “Extra” category, Decentraland will foster an environment of enhanced creative expression and user satisfaction. It addresses the current categorization limitations, providing a solution that respects the integrity of accessory designs and aligns with the community’s creative aspirations.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

I think that’s a great idea! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I like this idea.
I’ve always wanted a necklace slot too, so hopefully we can get that one day also :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

1000% down! Found it odd years ago having to do these work arounds with the limited slots we have. Then was like well its probably because this metaverse still new so all is good in time we will get more slots and things will advance. Two years later it still the same lol. So def appreciate everyone advocating for advancement!

3 Likes

This is a great Idea I would love to this! There are so many opportunities for different categories to help us further customize our avatars. Would love to see more and more!

2 Likes

Great idea. Support. Meteverse is self-updating.

1 Like

I figured this would have been done a while ago. I guess we have to go through the process but IMO this is a not brainer!

1 Like

Should the “Extra” category be added as another category of accessories?

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 98% 7,697,474 VP (98 votes)
  • No 1% 2,567 VP (2 votes)
  • Abstain 1% 1,979 VP (2 votes)