[DAO:af534df] Remove the location 2,-39 from the Points of Interest

by 0x0749d1abb5ca9128432b612644c0ea1e9c6cc9af (AlphaAngel)

Edifice Metaversal

External Image

Should the scene located at 2,-39 be removed from the Point of Interest list?

Description

Happy New Year, POI auditing is in session.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Correct me if I am wrong, but are they not part of the art company or whatever that @bay is associated with? If not, ignore this but if they are, then have done events, just probably not at this location which I am assuming is the HQ. For now I vote no because of that. Thank you.

2 Likes

This is @gsbroz 's build - They hosted MESH Preview and MESHfair this year, and bid for an installation for Wellness Week. I’m sure @gsbroz and architect @dacritter can tell you more.

Here’s the information from the MESH 2023 guide:

Edifice is a 59 parcel estate developed by NFT photobook pioneer G.S. Broz, Berlin-based design studio metaplazas.com and DCL veteran dax. It was awarded an architecture prize in Renovi’s inaugural Next Top Metaverse Build and was featured in Polygonal Mind’s MetaTrip series. Having recently hosted events with both Vueltta and MetaTrekkers, Edifice has become a noteworthy hub of digital culture.

MESH was made possible by the belief and support of G.S. and the Edifice team.

2 Likes

Hi @Existential14! Edifice is an independent venue. We’re not part of MESHfair’s organization but we have collaborated with @bay multiple times since 2022 to host art events. We’re currently in the process of converting our scene to SDK7 and will continue to host events going forward. We’d definitely like to keep our POI! Thanks for the supportive vote!

I would love to see more flexibility built in to the POI system, specifically a way to indicate that a POI is a more permanent art installation that has value, but might not have weekly events. Some areas do not need to have regular events to hold value.

There is a proposal regarding the current POI system which I believe opens the doors to these important conversations:

2 Likes

i agree with @Canessa . some POI offer value on the map specially for historical builds or builds from the community that have contributed greatly to DCL over the years.

This blanket erasure of POI because they are not throwing events is detrimental to the platform and consistent with the “1 step forward 3 steps back approach” i have witnessed over the last year in this DAO .

There are other ways to assess value , that includes famous brands builds, art galleries , historical places that have been deployed for many years and represent heritage value to the map.

2 Likes

Thanks @Canessa for choosing the thread on this specific audit to deepen the larger POI conversation. I agree with both you and @SugarClub that, in addition to the obvious properties that are regularly maintained by the amazing workhorse teams providing DCL’s daily pulse, there are multiple ways an installation/build can add value to our ecosystem.

With regard to the recently passed “Create DAO Guidelines for Points of Interest (POIs)” pre-proposal poll that @Canessa linked above, and for the edification (no wordplay intended!) of voters on this particular proposal to remove our POI, I do believe that Edifice and I (@gsbroz) successfully satisfy all of the eligibility criteria that was included in the language of that poll (pertinent bits pasted below).

1. Possible Eligibility Criteria:
  • Prior history of organizing events, contributing to the vibrancy of the Decentraland experience.
  • Active engagement with community members and meaningful participation in Decentraland.
  • Location meets technical requirements.
  • Contributing beyond self-interest to Decentraland.
  • Author having a minted Decentraland Name.
  • Offering something distinctively unique to the community.

Thanks to all for considering the preservation of this POI and any of the others in this round of audits that you may deem valuable to our shared culture.

1 Like

1 Like

Remove the location 2,-39 from the Points of Interest

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 16% 915,315 VP (11 votes)
  • No 71% 3,838,687 VP (22 votes)
  • Abstain 13% 768,354 VP (3 votes)