[DAO:89d9211] Remove the location -113,-19 from the Points of Interest

by 0x0749d1abb5ca9128432b612644c0ea1e9c6cc9af (ALPHAANGELS)

Fashion Street Estate

Should the scene located at -113,-19 be removed from the Point of Interest list?

Description

I would like POIs that are not active or hosting at least one event a month to be removed.

A lot of Points Of Interest have been earned by the promise they would be giving back to the community.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

I didnt saw POI on this coordinates.

I wouldn’t be able to make this proposal to remove the POI if there wasn’t one…

I appreciate your vote :innocent:

All I can see is empty land and Maryana)

1 Like

@web3nit Perfect timing haha. I went to go check out the POI (Meta Yachts).

Unfortunetely I cannot get into the main building. The whole parcel (or technically the boat) is locked and unaccessible. I’m not sure how this POI even got created. There has been no events or mention of this place since MVFW.

I vote to remove it until proven useful as a POI.

3 Likes

:sunglasses:

As I see MetaYachts is another location, not -113,-19 but -118,-18 ??

1 Like

Knowing the voting history behind the group responsible for this project (MetaYachts, Forever 21) I believe it’s in the best interest of the community to remove this POI and let them reapply and let the community decide. They have openly admitted to voting in their clients’ POI stars with vp delegated to them by their clients, and have expressed that they want to be a part of the solution. I think this is a good place to start. I do not see them voting on this proposal, but the vote could have been made under a different name at the time. (The original proposal was passed with a single whale vote of 530K vp)

Original Proposal: Add the location -113,-19 to the Points of Interest

2 Likes

For transparency’s sake; that said 500k VP wallet is one of our main direct delegators now (as can be seen by clicking through the accounts), which is why, in hindsight, this POI could be classified as a potential ‘whale-in’, despite us becoming closer partners after the 31st of March.

I recommend a similar approach to the one taken with our earlier POI vote, which I believe, has been remedied.

Moving forward, this is also an opportunity to start a discussion on:

• A new Landmark/POI system, which can empower more creatives.
  • Actively assessing which POIs we have across the map, and which ones are significantly ‘inactive’.
1 Like

Fair point! This is an estate within the district, I should have put the coords of the exact star, Thanks for that call out :slight_smile:

I completely agree, Thank you for being accountable and leading by a great example!

Definitely will start discussing more ideas around POI and Landmarks… that is a good idea.

1 Like

This is very True and i agree with you completely!

Thank you so much for sharing your honest feedback Canessa :innocent:

Seanny you’re awesome. Thank you for being open to this change! THEN after this is enacted, let’s have a party so we can show everyone the build and get people to that yacht, maybe one of the most amazing places I’ve seen in Decentraland.

1 Like

Remove the location -113,-19 from the Points of Interest

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 99% 2,108,751 VP (45 votes)
  • No 1% 103 VP (2 votes)

Remove the location -113,-19 from the Points of Interest

This proposal has been ENACTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfe91c0c482e09600f2d1dbca10fd705bc6de60bc)