[DAO:aea17b7] Verification Badges for Proposals

by 0xb5f4ebcc5a90e58d953ee9e64e365c2468f31f51 (LegalZoom)

With the Decentraland DAO and Foundation wielding such power, wouldn’t it be nice to know that each member is legit? A badge of honor - or at least a verification badge - could keep things transparent.

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I am down as long as I can flex them like this too:
Noc5k

Who watches the watchers? Who would implement this, and design the product around these badges?

I think a much easier solution is to return 100 MANA to those who claimed names that can be deceitful, and are voted by the DAO to be returned (not banned).

1 Like

Sorry @esteban the second half your statement is confusing to me. Can you clarify? Are you saying “buy back DCL names that are deceitful”? Not ban them?

If that is true that only makes sense. I think. Do you know if there has been a proposal made to do such a thing? I think there should be. I’m sure it won’t be popular but it seems more decentralized route not banning something or someone.

1 Like

I sort of like this idea but it needs much more details and guidelines.

1. How does one obtain these badges
  2. Who distributes and determines who receives the badges
  3. Where are they stored or displayed.
  4. How will someone know if others have the badge
  5. Can badges be removed should someone prove to be a bad actor
  6. Who designs the badges? I like an idea of the community designing them and be voted on.
  7. Possibly more I am not thinking of

Verification Badges for Proposals

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 21% 529,347 VP (26 votes)
  • No 53% 1,252,397 VP (48 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 26% 631,575 VP (10 votes)

Not sure about all this but I at least would like to see a name for the creator of proposals… something that allows me to recognize the person or link to their profile, who they are in our ecosystem instead of just a bunch of numbers.

1 Like

Verification Badges for Proposals

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)