[DAO:ab7df90] Ban the name DCLDAO

I understand what you are try to say, but then its also YOUR job to educate the members - because this is what you are here for, right?
Check Web2 - same with Domains. A lot of ppl made money because they were clever and reserved Domains to make money with.
Banning a name under this conditions is censorship and against the ethics of Crypto.

2 Likes

True, you guys make some valid points, yes it needs education and not the ban. How do we go about that?

2 Likes

For reference ; these are all of the prior passed Name Ban proposals.

If DCLDAO.dcl.eth were to be banned, this would set a new precedent in Decentraland that Names can be banned on the sole issue of ownership.

As you can see DCLDAO.dcl.eth is incomparable to these unacceptable Names.

1 Like

Thank you. Well, just change the Yes vote to a No vote then…Easy

2 Likes

Actually @nwiz Elon is banning people impersonating other people now. It’s been trending as of these weeks.

Decentraland is not Twitter, Chris. We operate in a fundamentally different way.

4 Likes

I understand and agree with you guys, if you like let’s get together and find a resolution. I don’t want anything banned. They are now doing the same thing with “BeatTrekkers.” Let’s come to a solution together and I will change my vote, we just need to make sure like szjanko said, there is an education solution for it! I am with you all 100%

100% agreed with this, twitter has had a history of censorship, if we are going to compare it to another platform, lets compare to a decentralized social media like the one Lens Protocol is building on top of Polygon. Why are we looking at examples of how a centralized social media makes decisions on censorship… very bad take

2 Likes

What you mean “find a resolution” ?
We don’t have to find a solution here. We showed you valid and legit points.
Its just a matter of change the vote and this is up to YOU alone.
Then you are free to decide to make a proposal to implement a “Warning” in the DAO which draws attention to the fact that anyone can claim a name and that the names do not necessarily have to be official. “Always do your own research”

1 Like

Hi szjanko , I was addressing nwiz here, he brought us Tesla and Elon Musk.

a simple verified check mark next to “official DCL names” would be one easy solution to this

blockchain education is a long road and not a simple thing to solve, but is much needed also

3 Likes

@szjanko We getting somewhere! I love this!:heart_eyes: Maybe we should try this if you can propose it. I will also support it!:pray:t6::pray:t6::pray:t6:

Thanks for your leadership! Much respect! @szjanko :pray:t2:

1 Like

im surprised he missed the people copying his tesla bot :thinking:

Im about to mint DCLFounder, should we ban that before i do it?

4 Likes

@nwiz good pick up on the name! haha I see how it can be confusing for some, but if people get confused and cant do simple research before voting, then they are the ones at fault. Also I know people do look at who voted which way, if appeal to authority is good for the sheep so be it.

I am voting ‘no’.

5 Likes

What are you waiting for?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-11-21 um 14.09.05

2 Likes

Nwiz has like more than 1500 DCL names. Maybe we can ban Gucci and other names ? If this name was so important for DAO, why it isnt reserved… I think community should be thankful and support such members who believe in DCL names/ecosystem. :pensive:

Look at the DCL names that were banned, is it close to them ? NO!!!

5 Likes

2 Likes

We have a choice here. If the DCL DAO wants to control the use of this name, they have two options.

Option 1: The Web3 Decentralized approach
Offer NWIZ a fair offer on his name and show a transparent and immutable purchase of this asset into an official Decentraland wallet.

Option 2: The Web2 Centralized approach
Use the constraints within the Decentraland system to force a ban of the name so it cannot be used in it’s full capacity.

6 Likes

This is the name you should be going after!!

@noh0mie i think you should write a name ban for this one

3 Likes

DCLDAO.dcl.eth is 1/1510 Names I own, believe it or not initially I assigned this to my Avatar with in-world interactions in mind. After seeing the proposal to Ban this Name, I was shocked as there is no reason to ban this Name as the ‘issue’ is that I am the owner rather than an Official DAO wallet.

My intent was most certainly not too deceive/fool community members to vote a certain way - I have zero intention of ever proposing a grant that I would then use this Name to try to sway votes.

I am just a Decentraland believer :smile: maybe too much so

5 Likes