[DAO:a5868a0] Add the location 5,-18 to the Points of Interest

by 0x5a659a97dfbd423a8824d472c879135b7e6c2227 (deadstock)

VVAMP Footwear

Should the scene located at 5,-18 be added to the Point of Interest list?

Description

The scene is the showroom for VVAMP Footwear, a digital-native footwear creator since 2021 with Boots in the backpacks of many DCL residents. This spot is a short walk south from Genesis Plaza, offering a destination to explore beyond the Plaza.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Hey there, I voted no for a couple of reasons.

1. I don’t believe POI’s should be utilized for small shops.
  2. There are already several POI’s surrounding genesis plaza and I think these should be spread out more.
  3. I think the parcels surrounding genesis plaza get enough foot traffic especially those next to genesis plaza and connected to roads.

This vote is not a reflection of my belief in the project or the wearables created.

Hi Deadstock!
I visited your storefront, it is well made and showcases your footwear well. I own a few pairs of Vvamp shoes, and I think what you do across different Metaverses is a great idea.

Thank you for taking the time to apply for a POI star. To me I think locations that are worthy of a Point of Interest star have done the following:

1. Worked to host events before applying for a POI star

2. Gotten to know community members and become active within the DCL community

3. Brought value to the greater Decentraland community in a way that is not self-serving

4. Minted the name they are proposing the POI with

5. Have not voted on their own proposal: Let the community make this decision

Many businesses wait months or even years before applying for a POI star. Have you held any events at your land? Do you have any scheduled in the future? Many brands may believe that a POI star is the next logical step in building a brand in the metaverse. However many of us feel that a POI star is an honor given to locations who have expended time and energy to build not only their brand, but Decentraland as a whole. Some brands seek a POI star to draw attention and customers to their parcel. Other options might include: Hold events at your land, either for your own brand, or let other users use your venue to showcase their wearable release, DJ party, etc. Have event pages for your events to drive traffic to the parcel. Sponsor community events, such as the fashion shows held regularly and other projects that would benefit from the support. Maintain a social media account and connect with Decentraland users on Twitter, Instagram, Discord, etc. The more the community gets to know you and your venue, the more value they will feel that it brings to Decentraland.

This is general information I share with most venues applying for POI stars, and I hope that it has been helpful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Add the location 5,-18 to the Points of Interest

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 23% 1,036,372 VP (54 votes)
  • No 77% 3,383,143 VP (76 votes)