[DAO:a180365] The DCL Report Increasing Awareness and Empowering Community

@MetaTrekkers @pablo @Eibriel @web3nit You are the top delegates who voted yes on this, besides @KevinOnEarth who voted on his own proposal.
Would you mind sharing why you voted the way you did? Obviously, you voted on this proposal without asking any questions, so you must fully understand it all, am I right to assume that? If so, can you explain to me what all the positions do and why you feel they are necessary. Also please explain why you are in favor of this.

BTW, feel free to ignore this if you don’t have any principle behind your votes.

So you are voting “Yes” because we have $40 million in the DAO fund? Not on the proposal itself? Well now I know where to go if I want a sellout vote.

Glad to answer Tudamoon, this is the revised submission from our previous proposal so apologize for not being clear with context. Our goal is to bring 100k new creatives into Decentraland and this proposal reduced our budget in ad spend to adjust to more content quality and IRL presence to build community, while still spending on targeted ad placement.

Decentraland’s biggest issue is that we are not getting in front of the right people and sharing an accessible discovery experience through subject matter experts. We built a platform for rewards and smart contract automation so we could grow The DCL Report in a trustless way. Now that we have that we are ready to do everything we can strategically do to bring awareness to a specific group of people we believe will thrive and understand the DCL community philosophy. We don’t believe in waiting for DCL to grow, we are here actively working to make it better and I hope people will encourage people when they see that it is genuine and producing results.

I’m about to go live, so I’d love to tell you more here, but rather, come join in and let’s discuss this! We Love Decentraland! We want to share this with the world starting with people who we know will understand us and join in building the metaverse <3

Small notes while I have time:

• Yes we can share results and of course it can be altered but I’m doxed, why would I ruin myself in this way and am a very serious social entrepreneur! But I understand your point
  • Each Reporter has a budget to $4k to cover any and all equipment upgrades, they will provide an itemized budget of their spend and we will be reporting this to the DAO. The big thing people wanted was quality and in this, we need everyone to have top level setups really, across all equip needs.
  • Project Manager and Video Editor 2 diff people!!
  • Content manager pulls the content from the video editor and preps the thumbnails, posts across channels, archives them, researches hashtags, Stefan is a genius <3

Lets talk more Live <3 Twitch

2 Likes

Hi, I already asked my questions in the previous presentation of this proposal.

Everyone is free to vote on its own proposal, its part of the decentralized game (where maths and code is law). If people shouldn’t vote on their own proposals then the platform wouldn’t allow it.

1 Like

I appreciate the claim, can you provide evidence of this?

So now it is a goal, not a statement that you will:

So since this is built already, why do you need money to grow it?

You and everyone else. I appreciate your efforts, but can I ask what this has to do with the proposal?

As for this, you are correct, however, it takes a principled person, not to vote on something they directly gain from. I think that’s the difference.

If you cared about your name so much, maybe you would have been principled and not voted for yourself when you directly gain from it.

How much are you getting directly from this proposal?

This position does not have a salary. If you are not taking a salary, I will eat some of my words about you voting on it.

haha wow bro, show me where I said that. The only thing I see you proving is you clearly didn’t read what I said. I can sit here and explain to you all the more reasons why I am voting yes to this, but for most people they already know because they have been active in the community for a while. They have seen me learn from Kevins streams and both our growth over the years of the communities we built since those days. They have seen me be a fan of everyone of everyone in Decentraland making fan parody art Waifumon of them all for fun when i had just a couple followers. Now have grown over 15,000+ twitter followers and 100,000 NFT owners of the Waifumon collection since those days. Continuing to spread the word and grow the community everyday. But again everyone here mostly already knows all that so didn’t think it was necessary. The only thing I have seen from you so far is a user name that constantly complains about things with no, solutions, ideas or work. Hope one day that changes, since as I always reply to you in these is that great to see the intent you have and I look forward to voting on your solutions.

1 Like

Thanks for your opinion. If anything I do remain a principled “username.” haha
To tell people what I am working on is unnecessary, because I am funding it myself. Yeah so you wouldn’t know because I don’t talk, I walk.

I am proud of you. I never once attacked your hard work. It takes a lot to achieve that.

You first mentioned this. Then you mentioned:

Sounds like you are voting your emotions here, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe I misinterpreted this. But then you go to say this

So none of these questions give a good reason on why you are in favor of this.

Thanks bro, again I have see no evidence of you “walking” only “talking” so yes I def look forward to one day seeing what you are working on and to change that perception of you. And again, majority people already know the reasons why I am voting yes which I already explained in my last reply. I am living proof of a success story from Kevin and his team’s work, and Decentraland needs more of that to continue its growth which is why it’s a no brainer for me of all people to vote yes. Thanks for your questions and concerns. Wish you success in your future endeavors.

1 Like

Hi, I see what Decentraland Report does for the community, they have solid foundation.

I like tokenomics logic, want to see it implemented.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/61e7f33a86793756023f792b/t/631a533a0baea1129e5f4757/1662669645030/9_8_22_tokenomics.pdf

2 Likes

Did you join yesterdays stream? I answered all your questions and more. Carl, I honestly respect you as a builder, but please take the time to learn about what we do.

Of the grant I am not receiving a salary, I am in fact one of the Reporters so I would get the opportunity to upgrade my studio setup and be making micro content, but that is to say, I’m alongside 7 other reporters who will all be doing the same.

Carl this is a team effort, it’s going to take more than one person to bring real progress to Decentraland. Adding 100k talented creators to DCL is our mission and we will achieve it whether you want to help us or stand in the way.

1 Like

These Tokenomics HAVE been implemented, feel free to tune into our Twitter Spaces tomorrow to learn more. You can find a link on my Twitter @kevinonearth999

2 Likes

@KevinOnEarth proved himself already in the community & showed in his previous projects that he is worth investing in, His proposal is very clear and I think we all should vote yes for his amazing work.

Sincerely
@InJesterr

Thank you!! This means a lot <3

1 Like

Hey, CEO of Xpand here, I think its important to provide context for voters that this should not be seen as an investment in Xpand. We have all come together around realizing a true Decentralized News Network for the people of the metaverse, and from day 1 I was inspired by KevinOnEarth’s vision and ability to make it a reality.

Just like the DCL DAO, Xpand.gg has invested a great deal in seeing The DCL Report grow because we see how many creators in the ecosystem they empower. We have spent a lot of money and resources to give the support and build the tools that will help this community grow and thrive. The Reporters, the designers, and everyone they are covering every single day in Decentraland are the real superstars. Many new users don’t remember, but there was a time where the only people streaming regularly in Decentraland, was The DCL Report.

At Xpand, we want to support anyone that is building in the web3 space. This is the only way that the space will grow and it will invite more people to join. Marketing and spreading brand awareness about Decentraland and the dcl report is super important. Without it, it will just stay as a small niche space for a small group of people.

3 Likes

It’s not clear to me with the costs. $32k for equipment sounds ridiculous.

My original post is calling out your behavior of your vote sounding like a sellout vote. Which your explanation came across that way. I never called you a sellout, nor did I attack your successes. I am proud of what you accomplished. If you are here to make this a personal vendetta, I guess you are missing the point. The point is your comment provides an example for someone who has not voted before and if they see comments/explanations like yours, then they are going to simple think its ok to propose ridiculous grants.

One way I am walking the walk by providing a good example of leadership and scrutinizing all proposals as they should be. if you don’t see value in that, then you might as well want DCL to fail. When someone is receiving money, they should be questioned. If you cannot answer to your vote, then you shouldn’t be voting. I immediately voted no because I don’t agree with some of the costs. I also have always been willing to change my vote if I am proven otherwise.

So grateful for your reply, thank you Alek!! Appreciate you bringing these points to light.

@Tudamoon we have 8 Reporters Total. Most of them have streaming setups but having a professional experience across the board for all reporters on our team means offering them an equal opportunity to execute at the level the community is asking us to.

Some Reporters require more help than others, and we have to be fair and give everyone the same. This will bring Reporters better camera quality, better overlays, better personalized setups, this will take our entire reporter team to the next level. In that way, this was the amount we agreed would enable all reporters to reach a high level of quality we know will be impressive and seen as world class. With that said, all the feedback is certainly being noted so in case we do need to make a 3rd revision this can be a point to adjust, however, the community is suggesting as well we ask for less which then wouldn’t enable us to hit the quality and reach targets we are aiming for.

Carl, I appreciate your scrutiny, truly. Our goal is one in the same, to uplift and empower Decentraland.

I welcome all your questions and know that every Reporter will be posting a itemized overview of their Upgraded Setup Costs. We have built something amazing Carl, and completed in astounding quality our last proposal, on schedule. Please allow us the opportunity to commit to a mission we believe in to bring awareness of Decentraland to the World.

You have seen us doing this for over a year and a half first hand, and I am glad to join together and talk more in detail in our twitter spaces or privately anytime. The DCL Report team is one of a kind and I believe in the heart and mission behind this proposal.

I think The DCL Report is a great project that has been consistently working hard in the space. That being said, the proposal asks for a large amount of money from the DAO which I think could be better used in other ways, such as direct advertising of the Decentraland Platform and its amazing possibilities. I’m voting no but I would reconsider if the requested amount was lower.

Kat, we are doing direct advertising of The DCL Platform. We are reporters, we cover the latest events/news/creators in Decentraland to show new users everything that is possible through the eyes of our 8 subject matter experts. We stream daily, across 4 languages, to give everyone an opportunity to discover Decentraland.

The main idea being, DCL is hard to access because it relies on having the right knowledge, and having the right hardware, something most people don’t have. The DCL Report as you know has been doing this for over 1 year and a half and has never asked for funds to raise awareness of DCL until now, and I believe it is a crticial time to do so.

Respect your vote, but I think on the basis you mentioned voting no “money from the DAO which I think could be better used in other ways, such as direct advertising of the Decentraland Platform and its amazing possibilities.” then you are may be voting on something you actually want to support.

In addition to that, Decentraland does not want to take on the responsibility of conducting direct marketing/ads, it relies on community members to take on this duty and not many team are doing this.