by 0xedf458ce355c755e1973778b51b917066d4c0bad (Tony)
Should the following $110,000 grant in the Platform category be approved?
The Meta Residence Tower(MRT) project aims to address the challenges faced by Decentraland users when trying to access or create customised virtual spaces. The current process of hiring developers to code is costly and time-consuming. By developing the MRT, we offer a simple, no-code solution for Decentraland citizens.
Through these problem-solving features, the MRT project aims to revolutionise the way Decentraland citizens access, create,
and interact with virtual spaces, offering a cost-effective and user-friendly alternative to the current process.
110,000 USD in DAI
The Meta Residence Tower represents a virtual skyscraper with 10,000 NFT apartments (spaces).
Access to an apartment is provided with an NFT key, which the user can purchase on the website or in the building itself.
The building offers four types of layouts: Studio, 1BHK, 2BHK, and Penthouse. There is also the possibility to make it an open space.
Each apartment includes an interior design constructor with more than 700 furniture items (from bedroom to bathroom),
along with options for ceilings, floors, and wallpapers. Users can create unique furniture arrangements with this tool.
There are also interactive Smart Items and Upgrades that expand user interaction:
- Boombox: A music player.
- Picture frames and large banners.
- Dance floors.
- Discord, Telegram, Twitter, Website links
- Chroma key, multipurpose screen
- Animated light music, disco balls.
- NFT frames
- Donation box
- Few types of Video Screens: The owner can stream audio and video content directly to the apartment.
- There is also a paid CDN feature for broadcasting from our video servers.
- Programmable pin-code secured safe & door & noticeboard with text or images.
- Door Banner & Name
- UI - Clickable Banner
- We are actively adding more interactive experiences on a weekly basis.
By default, only the user with the NFT key can enter the apartment. However, the owner can set various access levels:
- Public mode
- Pin code access
- Access by Wearables
- Access by NFTs
- Access for interior designers
- Access for payment.
- Membership: The owner can sell permanent access to their space.
- CCTV: The owner can see who has been in the apartment, how many times, and when their last visit was.
We have our own meta-transaction server. Payments can be made in two currencies: USDT and MANA at the current rate.
Many use cases for their space are already available: mini-games, quests, NFT galleries, fashion shows, parties with
streaming in the apartment, parkour, paid events, business cards, shops, meeting places with friends, and a piece of
home and personal corner in the metaverse.
All these features above have already been implemented
The project covers almost everything what general Decentraland citizen might need.
- Apartment sales
- Smart item sales
- Upgrade sales
- Sales Meta Residence Worlds (see below)
After 8 months of development we have launched the beta version in late March
and have already sold apartments, upgrades, and smart items amounting to over $12,000 this month
We ask the DAO to allocate $110,000 for current and future development.
Since this is a commercial project, we want to repay the grant and contribute part of the revenue to the DAO.
The payment plan is as follows:
- 30% of the sales of apartments, smart items, and upgrades will be transferred monthly to the DAO until the total
amount is repaid.
- After that we will also transfer 5% of the primary apartment sales to the DAO until all apartments are sold.
As a contribution to the community, we want to make the 8MetaBalls and 8MetaPawns, project fully open-source with scene and server code. We believe this will be a good contribution to examples of complex scenes and will certainly be one of the largest contributions to open-source scenes. But at the same time we will maintain the in-world version. These projects cover significant numbers of features might be helpful for the community.
- Delivering new smart items & Upgrades for: Parties, NFT-Galleries, Wearables - Galleries, Games
- Developing the ability to sell NFT and Wearables from the apartments.
- Optimise models of furniture by weight and triangles.
- Creating tutorials about possibilities to easy onboard new users.
- Marketing efforts:
- We’re in the process of developing a solution to house non-Decentraland NFT collections within the Meta Residence Tower (MRT).
- We’re engaged in discussions with a number of real estate developers and furniture manufacturers who are looking to establish their brands in the metaverse via collaboration with MRT.
- We are continuously onboarding new users through our collaborative initiatives within Decentraland.
- As part of the community, we believe that Worlds will bring more attention to Decentraland itself. As Yemel has mentioned in Worlds 2.0 proposal, there are potentially 600k users who can have a piece of Decentraland.
- Since we have all the backend features and front-end code, delivering the same functionality to the Worlds would be a logical continuation for our project.
- The initial plan is to bring a few types of spaces: a Villa, Conference Space, Shop, Gallery, and
- Based on Worlds 2.0 proposal, we will deliver a solution to ENS holders (under 25 mb, a trimmed version), a full one for Name Holders(under 100mb), and a premium solution for those who can
increase the limits.