by 0xa7f8a55dbec4a7060631a9d571b4ea0edc14ca3c (8MetaPlay)
Should the following Tier 5: up to $120,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Gaming category be approved?
Meta Residence Tower - is a unique apartment building in Decentraland that offers users the opportunity to own private homes in the virtual world.
It includes 10,000 flats in various layouts and features public spaces, galleries, and retail spaces.
Owners can customize their apartments, invite friends, and even make their apartments public spaces for parties and events.
The building also includes game mechanics such as caring for a virtual pet and cleaning the apartment to earn rewards.
The Meta Residence Tower is the first apartment building in Decentraland,
with the ability to accommodate up to 10,000 NFT key owners simultaneously.
It has 100 floors with 100 apartments on each floor, as well as elevators to move between floors and access apartments using NFT keys.
Apartment owners can also invite guests by providing a pin code.
The building features six types of apartments, from studios to penthouses,
and includes a complete builder with the ability to place, move, rotate, remove, and save furniture.
It also has a store for furniture and decor elements that can be purchased with internal currency or MANA
Video of Gameplay
Progress Made So Far:
- Building models, lobbies, floors
- Six types of apartments, from studios to penthouses
- Implemented mechanics that users do not see each other where it is not necessary. But they see each other if they are in a common area, on the same floor, or if they are guests of the same apartment.
- Apartment numbering, with two towers and 50 apartments in each
- Elevator to move between floors
- Private access to apartments by NFT key
- Ability to invite guests by providing a pin code
- Possibility of making the apartment public
- Avatar and owner’s name on the door
- View from the apartment depending on the floor
- Complete builder with ability to place, move, rotate, remove, and save furniture
- Ten furniture categories
- Over 200 furniture items
- Over 100 kinds of floors and wallpapers, with the ability to make different floors and wallpapers for different rooms.
- Internal currency and store for furniture and decor elements that can be purchased with internal currency or MANA
- Mechanics of dirt and cleaning the apartment, with rewards for cleaning
The Meta Residence Tower project is in the development stage beyond MVP and is scheduled to go live in January.
- Provide a unique living experience for Decentraland users
- Create a thriving, vibrant community within the Meta Residence Tower
- 10,000 NFT flats available for purchase
- Public spaces, galleries, and retail spaces available within the building
- In-game mechanics and activities, including caring for a virtual pet and cleaning the apartment
- Customization options for apartments, including furniture and decor elements
- Sale of NFT flats (10,000 items)
- Sale of retail spaces
- Sale of in-game items, such as furniture and decor
- Sale of in-game NFTs, such as boombox radios and NFT frames
- Sale of Pets and accessories for them.
- Royalties from the secondary market
Contribution to the Community:
- Attract new and returning users to Decentraland
- Return 20% of sales to the Decentraland DAO each month until we pay the grant off. So we plan to return all money from that grant.
- Provide resources and guidance on migrating to the Decentraland SDK 7 once it is released
8MetaTeam, with over a year of daily development experience and a history of delivering two complete,
solid games for a previous grant received in 2022.
- 8MetaBalls, an old-school billiard game with multiplayer, PvC, and Arcade modes. Twitter
- 8MetaPawns is a chess game with multiplayer, four levels of AI, and NFTs. Twitter
- The team has also developed the Meta Residence Tower, which was not part of the grant plans.
- The team received a grant based on six months of development but ended up using the funds for eight months of work.
The team consists of developers from different countries. We have started as a team of two, now we are eight.
- Tony - Core Dev (full-time) - Russia
- Vitally - Operation, Game Design (full-time)- Spain
- Alex - 3D Modeller (full-time) - Ukraine
- Alex - TypeScript Developer (full-time) - Georgia
- Nikita - TypeScript Developer (full-time) - Russia
- Victor - TypeScript Developer (full-time) - Russia
- Helen - web designer (full-time) - Ukraine
- Mithra - community manager (full-time) - Iran
Roadmap and milestones
- Write smart contracts for selling different types of flats
- Community building and marketing campaign, with the start of the sale of flats
- Add more furniture
- Finish the user interface
- Dashboards for managing flat features
- Pets, with game mechanics for it
- In-game NFTs, such as boombox radios with the ability to change music and NFT frames to display NFTs owned by the user, etc.
- Retail spaces with the ability to place wearables, NFTs, and sell them directly from Decentraland
- Fee for creators’ sales
- Flat rent feature,
- Cleaners and game mechanics for cleaners
- Migrate codebase to SDK 7, with tutorials on migrating and rewriting main elements
Also, we will continue to support and develop Billiard and Chess games.
Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO