[DAO:98c7106] Moderation Team

by 0x247e0896706bb09245549e476257a0a1129db418 (LordLike)

Should the problem/opportunity outlined be refined and taken to the next level?

Problem Statement

Maintaining a welcoming and safe environment for the community is very important for the health of Decentraland and the DAO. The current moderation needs re-evaluation to ensure it effectively manages community interactions and enforces guidelines. This initiative addresses the need for effective moderation to keep up with the evolving community.

Proposed Solution

We propose a community-driven approach to select new moderators for the Discord, Forum, Gov Platform, and DAO Headquarters to manage the Code of Ethics application within the whole DAO ecosystem. This involves a Bidding and Tendering process where members nominate and vote for moderators. The selected moderators will be onboarded, ensuring they are equipped with the necessary permissions and tools to fulfill their duties.

Target Audience/Customer Base

Decentraland and DAO Community

Why is this relevant now?

Opening the moderation role to the community allows for new perspectives and ensures a free-speech environment within voted guidelines. This fresh approach prevents stalling and encourages new initiatives.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

There can be a moderation team, but the rules cannot be created by them and a team cannot be hired by the people who enact this. We all saw Lordlike weaponize the code of conduct in his favor last time. Him and his cronies were all part of it.

In my opinion this is another move for control. The strategy he brought only deterred users from coming back. Pass this if you want DCL to bleed more. There’s a time and place for everything.

1 Like

The last one bids were voted no just three weeks ago, maybe a bit too early to go through it again?
Unless you are trying to pass an agenda.

Current terrible moderation requires changes. Hope it will improve with new team!

All of your friends who stole money are getting banned and you are sad about it?
How can you be taken seriously after all the money grab grants you voted yes on or your telegram bot grant started a hour before the grant freeze because you got the info from internal core unit discussion?

1 Like

I am sad because discord is full of toxicity. You are the only one here taken seriously.

is HP moderating this?

@HPrivakos has abused moderator powers over and over again with me … broken rules within the Code of Ethics as far as making it an unfriendly environment.

Why is it someone can make proposals and polls on this stuff, but someone can not make a comment on experiences directly relating to the topic at hand?

This proposal is about hiring a moderation team, not about how much I suck at moderation and how much of a victim you are.

When I reviewed the Moderation Log: Moderation logs - Google Sheets it shows less than 100 not hundreds of banned users and the majority of users were banned as a safety measure for regular people like me. I do think we may need basic standards for moderation but until we can define what that is I am voting NO. If there was an option for Invalid that is what I would prefer to vote.
Thank you,
Jenn

Something needs to happen, current moderation is not in line with DCL DAO votes/interests, and is grossly abused.

Well any dcl relared thing reminds of how much you suck? :man_shrugging:t2:

Moderation Team

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 27% 499,317 VP (18 votes)
  • No 72% 1,326,420 VP (10 votes)
  • Abstain 1% 16,302 VP (2 votes)