[DAO:915877f] Improved mechanism for DAO Discord Moderation Mute Votes

by 0xbc02db030361121dd43bbb2fcbcb4f9f98c1dc7d (Shemale)

Participation in DAO Discord has been tremendously low. I am not going to discuss the reasons as to why this is. I assume everyone has a great understanding of all current situations. Some are afraid to voice their concerns, while others are scared of being targeted.

I believe all members should have necessary tools & required permissions to start a mute vote. Since DAO participation is at it’s lowest, there should be a minimum requirement for the mute poll to enact.

For example:

• 24 Hour Mute: 20 Yes Votes
  • 1 Week Mute: 50 Yes Votes
  • 1 Month Mute: 100 Yes Votes

Please vote “YES” or “NO”

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Jason, it’s important that you understand that you aren’t being unfairly persecuted.

You are facing the consequences of your actions.

JasonX

You are free to tweet whatever reprehensible things you want, but you just learned the difference between how I speak to people, and what the core of the community actually considers offensive.

jesus

Keep your hateful and bigoted shit out of the discord, and you aren’t going to have a problem being timed out.

Don’t pretend to care about civility in the community and act like a 14-year-old edge lord.

I was a high school Special Education teacher for 10 years. I vehemently object to the way in which you have conducted yourself Jason. I am appalled and absolutely disappointed to read your use of the “R” word in such a manner in the DAO.

I cannot even begin to explain how heartbreaking it is to read your use of this word. My students who have intellectual disabilities DESERVE BETTER.

In case you missed my original response in the forums I’ll repost it here:

*Jason, I had a lot of respect for you prior to this.

**I was a high school special education teacher for 10 years. Those people you say you don’t have time for (you use the “R” word to describe them, I just call them my best friends) deserve better.

**I have looked into the crying eyes of parents as I’ve given them the official diagnoses that their child will never lead the “normal” life they dreamt for them. I’ve signed papers to help remove my student’s’ constitutional rights we take for granted. I’ve taken care of all of my students hygienic needs, and I’ve watched with pride as my students returned from their first day at their first paying job.

**But out of all of that, the hardest thing I have done is listened to my students with Down syndrome ask me “Miss C, why did that kid just call me retarded? What does retard mean?”

**So Jason, for someone who has relished acquiring so many words as names, this is one word I implore you to retire immediately.

**I get it. Most people don’t care about “those special ed kids” but make no mistake… I may have had the title of their teacher, but they have taught me far more about life than I ever taught them.

Jason, please, PLEASE, do better. I beg you. THIS WORD IS EXTINCT. IT HAS NO PLACE HERE. There are parents of students with special needs who read your comment.

DO BETTER!!

Muting mechanism is working just fine. Don’t post offensive remarks and you won’t have to worry about being muted.

Every name in this image that isn’t mine is JasonX voting in support of himself.
all Jason

Voting No, adding a minimum amount requirement for moderation votes while the participation is low will mean that no moderation vote will pass.

That’s precisely the point. Low participation leads to fewer votes which means all votes pass. :thinking:

man its crazy seeing you be the one to put that up not gonna lie. Good stuff tho im not sure what happened to start this war and the name bs but its getting ridiculous. Circus like even in some aspects.

1 Like

I get where you coming from but we got about as much chance as that word ending as terrorism and slavery. People kicked a hornets nest trying to silence JasonX and im not gonna cock ride but hes a investor whose put a shit load into the platform. Not saying we should cowtoe to people who invest but this dao has been heading one polar direction for a while its kinda a fn joke. Some people dont meet people eye to eye. They click up and just launch campaigns against others. Its fn disgusting. Me personally id burn the name for you but when people bash against you or start fights you get friction and fires. Especially to people who put thier money into things. Daos turning into the bull pin of the stock exchange.

1 Like

Improved mechanism for DAO Discord Moderation Mute Votes

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 2% 175,547 VP (41 votes)
  • No 84% 5,657,458 VP (74 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 14% 991,922 VP (20 votes)

Improved mechanism for DAO Discord Moderation Mute Votes

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)

You can’t improve something that was fundamentally broken.