[DAO:8c028af] Should a "See in Decentraland" button be implemented in the Marketplace?

by 0x1b35f4d22b2c8bc706bcfcc383a1ca77fb4fc600 (punkpink)

Linked Pre-Proposal

Should a “See in Decentraland” button be implemented in the Marketplace?

Summary

Proposing the addition of a “See in Decentraland” button in the Marketplace to preview wearables on avatars.

Abstract

This proposal aims to enhance user experience in Decentraland’s Marketplace by adding a feature that allows buyers to preview wearables on their avatars in the virtual world, thereby aiding in purchase decisions.
External Image

Motivation

The current Marketplace lacks an immersive preview feature, limiting users’ ability to visualize how wearables would look on their avatars. This gap can result in purchasing decisions with possible dissatisfaction.

Specification

The proposed feature would integrate a button within the Marketplace interface. Upon clicking, users would see a real-time preview of selected wearables on their avatar in Decentraland, offering a more interactive and informed shopping experience.

Conclusion

Implementing a “View in Decentraland” button would reduce the gap between the digital store and the virtual world enhancing user satisfaction and potentially increasing sales in the Marketplace.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

This is a great idea, and i vote yes.
But in-world should get updated and be equal to live first. Current version is like 2 years old… And it’s very buggy, wearables and thumbnails not loading… UI problems… . Invisible avatar…

1 Like

Little by little I hope that these things will be improved, I think that if we all propose these changes in the DAO and Canny we will be able to make a lot of progress in improving the platform.

Hello,

There was a recent wearable creation that I really wish I could have seen in world prior to buying it. When viewing in the marketplace, the color of the wearable was hard to see against the purple background and the shape of the wearable was also not visible. I will vote yes again this round and thank you for bringing this forward.

We have seen some good improvement to the wearable preview, but it is still insufficient and sometimes does not accurately reflect the wearable. Have we spoken to the developers about how feasible this would be? Given that the wearable is not purchased and loading DCL takes so long… what would be the pathway to implementing something like this?

Should a “See in Decentraland” button be implemented in the Marketplace?

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 98% 4,781,608 VP (49 votes)
  • No 1% 3 VP (1 votes)
  • Abstain 1% 503 VP (1 votes)