[DAO:723156d] Should the LandWorks protocol be recognized as a renting protocol by Decentraland so landowners can keep their VP?

by 0xd5c2f48d7b69129354473613c07d60106768ccbe (fungibletaco#ccbe)

LandWorks is a metaverse land rental marketplace. It’s a product of EnterDAO and was launched with support for Decentraland in January 2022. Since its inception, LandWorks has supported Decentraland LANDs and ESTATEs rentals and so far has accumulated over 300 rents.

The protocol has been active in the Decentraland community. Last summer LandWorks hosted the Open Scenes Grant Program where more than $50,000 were rewarded to builders in the Decentraland community for their scene creations. The scenes were also open sources for anyone to use them. We have also purchased a 2x2 ESTATE where we have our signature scene which has already hosted two parties for our community and friends.

With the recently enacted proposal by Nacho - Decentraland landowners can now keep their VP when engaging in a rental transaction. This has been requested by our landowners community as well and we would like to allow for landowners using LandWorks to keep their VP as well.

Our development team has already created the snapshot strategy based on the enacted proposal. The code is available here.

This could potentially allocate back about 320,000 VP to a small community who have proactively requested to use their VP.

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Hey thanks for proposal. You have a code and you can implement it as I understood and your Community wants it.

So could you explain please why Protocol needs some kind of recognition to do it ? (allow landowners to keep their VP)

Hey @web3nit! Thanks for the question. Our landowners community would like to use their VP similar to how landowners on DCL can use theirs. Also, I think we need to go through the proposal process in order for the strategy to be considered valid and enabled by admins.

1 Like

Thanks for clarification. Interesting to hear Community Folks with tech background.

Landworks is already great. You can do it great even without DAO recognition.
I just voted invalid because the voting power remains in the owner not the tenant. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong about voting power.
Recognition is great. I am just confused.

PS: I have no grudge on Dichou

1 Like

Come back, fren. I miss you!

…I’m only human aaaaafter all

Should the LandWorks protocol be recognized as a renting protocol by Decentraland so landowners can keep their VP?

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 98% 1,654,552 VP (51 votes)
  • No 1% 915 VP (1 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 4,405 VP (2 votes)

Should the LandWorks protocol be recognized as a renting protocol by Decentraland so landowners can keep their VP?

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)