[DAO:65c2cdc] Should Committee Salaries be reevaluated?

by 0x153b2252eddcb3690ae6f5e9f38be13779e1364d (REDACTED)

Grants fund most of the positions in the DAO, such as the GSS, Facilitation Squad, Governance Squad, etc.

Committees are either paid out of the treasury or with funds from submitting wearables.

With the discussion to reduce DAO spending and focus on rebuilding, should Committee salaries, primarily the DAO Committee, which is the largest single committee expense, be reevaluated?

For those who are unaware, the positions were not always paid, and at the time Yemel proposed the monthly salary of $2500, it was suggested the committee would take on more responsibility.

As it stands to day the members of the DAO committee are paid $2500 a month for somewhere between 8-24 hours of work a month, depending on the member.

By voting Yes, you agree there should be a reevaluation of DAO committee payment

By voting No, you believe the existing salaries are perfect as is.

• Yes - reevaluate
  • No - $100-300 an hour is fine
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Whaaaaaa? Are you sure on these numbers? This could explain a lot! Are we sure some people don’t work 4 jobs under multiple personalities too? Man I was working 12 hours 7 day to make weed farm not making a dime.

:rofl: Increase curation committee salaries please!!! 10000$ per collection!

Yes, and I also think that DAO committee members should be paid individually and not as a collective.
Hiring and pay should not be based on a group but on each person.

5 Likes

Should Committee Salaries be reevaluated?

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes - reevaluate 83% 3,110,290 VP (47 votes)
  • No - $100-300 an hour is fine 16% 640,439 VP (7 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 20,356 VP (3 votes)

Should Committee Salaries be reevaluated?

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)

Dear Community Members, I’d like to inquire about the current status of Jarod’s request, as it was a pressing need at the time. It has been a considerable amount of time since this decision was made by the community.

Still looking for ideas on how to best suggest reworking the compensation and writing and promoting a Draft.

If you have suggestions, i’d love to hear them.