[DAO:4605394] Genesis City is on the Earth, should We create another City with 90k land on Mars and make a auction for them?

by 0xac097c7e31a2add6244a0f36dba5776d04f5a3fc (LTC)

Lands are expensive, worlds has many restrictions.

So why not creat a new city with 90k lands which can generate substantial revenue and attract more ppl.

Mars is super big and few people on it , so lands are cheap .

I think make an auction from 10 mana/land is suitable.

• yes
  • no
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

Is Genesis City on Earth?

There was talk back in the day of having other types of land/parcels that people could own.

There were going to be underground Parcels as well as Sky parcels. I’d kind of like to see a sky city or underground world instead of Mars.

I am totally in support of creating a second city/space.

It seems clear that by choosing the name “Genesis City” it was never intended to be the only land to ever exist.

I am totally in support of creating a second city/space.

I second that!

Is Genesis City on Earth?

This was my first question too. Technically speaking it is, but there’s no reason we need to act like it. But I suspect that the names aren’t as important as the underlying idea of expanding our world, which I like.

There were going to be underground Parcels as well as Sky parcels. I’d kind of like to see a sky city or underground world instead of Mars.

I like the idea of creating additional layers or tiers to Genesis, because it gives some purpose to our height restrictions, which currently feel arbitrary and limiting, especially if you only have one parcel to build on. It surely isn’t performance related, because what really matters there is triangle and material limits, which as far as I can tell are only enforced in the builder.

I think if we do go this direction, we should keep the plazas to one level.

1 Like

the same thoughts here, we have sky and underground to expand.

While Im not sure if this is good for Decentraland, I think it’s a really interesting idea to explore, so voting yes. I would like to view next draft/governance proposal with more specs.

While this has sparked interesting conversation, I am going with what I believe to be a sarcastic proposal from someone who is upset about something. I’m guessing about Worlds possibly. If you look at the border, there is plenty of room outside of DCL to expand. I suggest we find out what the intentions are as far as that respect from the Foundation and what are limits are as far as making something like that happen. Hmmm @jar0d, you wanna throw that question into the mix for RFI? I’d appreciate it.

Genesis City is on the Earth, should We create another City with 90k land on Mars and make a auction for them ?

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 7% 652,446 VP (19 votes)
  • No 82% 6,930,452 VP (60 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 11% 1,013,723 VP (7 votes)

Interesting the concept of opening the metaverse beyond Earth

1 Like

Genesis City is on the Earth, should We create another City with 90k land on Mars and make a auction for them ?

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)