[DAO:4474436] Add Social Media to Account Page

by 0xae0768e5ee2d5f140802f998c7293e2ff00297b2 (crnft)

Hello Decentraland Community,

I hope you like this proposal.

Proposed feature: adding social media channels to the account page meaning: Instagram, Twitter, discord, and more

First of all, I would like to say that I understand that some people prefer to be anons, so they will have the option to not share their links BUT I believe this is essential to add credibility to the project.

PROS:

• users will have more trust in buying land or wearables from someone who has a reputation on other social media
  • users can chat, network and discuss collaborations
  • by using IG and Twitter users can create network effects and there will be more Decentraland influencers generated
  • KYC. After FTX fiasco new people won’t participate in the project that is full of anons.
  • a lot of LAND is owned by anons, but if there was a link to chat people would be able to make mini neighborhoods together

To sum it up - it’s all about collaborating and a healthy ecosystem. What are your thoughts? I would love onboard masses…

• add social media links to account page
  • create KYC workflow like on crypto exchanges
  • leave it the way it is
  • add only Discord
  • integrate with META
  • remove the bots and wash traders!
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Hey @crnft , the feature you mention already exists. If you are referring to the account.decentraland.org page, I believe this page is for the user themself once they sign-in so adding socials here would be pointless.

Users can currently add a website URL + Facebook/Twitter/Discord Handles under Store Settings.

Thank you @nwiz

Honestly, i had no idea this exist and was in such a weird place. Can you send a link to your channel? I just did more research and looks like I can change it on forum/dao as well.

How do you feel about making a community directory as Arkive did:

1 Like

Voted - Invalid question/options

Most of the options sounds too web2

Add Social Media to Account Page

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Add social media links to account page 1% 1,494 VP (40 votes)
  • Create kyc workflow like on crypto exchanges 0% 0 VP (3 votes)
  • Leave it the way it is 1% 2,444 VP (8 votes)
  • Add only discord 1% 26 VP (4 votes)
  • Integrate with meta 1% 286 VP (1 votes)
  • Remove the bots and wash traders! 0% 0 VP (2 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 96% 2,588,205 VP (130 votes)

id like to see this implemented as way for people to find streamers who stream dcl games or hold a good deal of dcl knowledge. That to me would be interesting implementing some kind of api that links to twitch or youtube people streaming DCL.

1 Like