[DAO:f156b4a] Decentraland Should Use DCL Worlds instead of Twitter (X) Spaces

by 0xbc02db030361121dd43bbb2fcbcb4f9f98c1dc7d (Stakeholder)

Decentraland Worlds are not used to it’s full potential. Because they are easy and simple to setup why not start using the Worlds for Decentraland DAO & Decentraland Twitter accounts?

DCL World templates work just fine and 100 people max limit is more than enough. Listeners/Users can log in as guest. This shift is critical and important to get people involved, familiar with Decentraland. We constantly talk about Web3 but we are still stuck in the Web2 mindset. Listening to spaces was cool two years ago. Now it’s boring.

Decentraland Worlds have the potential to become the new Twitter (X) Spaces.

With the new ACL (access control list) for Worlds hosting individual does not even need to own a DCL name.

Please share your ideas, opinions.

Vote Yes: Start using DCL Worlds instead of Twitter (X) Spaces

Vote No: Keep using Twitter (X) Spaces

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

We should use what’s the easiest for people to use. Going fully on Worlds would prevent some people from listening in.

Why don’t we trial a test run?

See how it functions with <100 users. If we want to be the leading Metaverse, we must take advantage of all the cutting edge technologies Decentraland has on offer. This is our time to shine.

1 Like

We can do it as one more option. What about moderation ?

Decentraland has a loonnggggg road before it ever becomes like X spaces. The best thing is to do both. or experiment that that option.

I’m a big supporter of bringing more content back into Decentraland. But I think there’s still value in hosting on Twitter. I co-host the weekly Community Building Decentraland Twitter space, and we’ve held over 70 weekly sessions. One advantage of Twitter is that it brings exposure for Decentraland to new listeners. @SinfulMeatStick and I have met many users on our space, who then log in to join us in world. Many of them routinely come to Decentraland now. So there’s value in having it on all platforms like Twitter, Twitch, Kick, YouTube, and Instagram.

What Sinful and I do is host the space on Twitter, stream it into Twitch, then I play his Twitch stream back into my parcel in Decentraland -89,-85, and we have an event page so people can listen in world. I would suggest that we do something along those lines, and have some added benefit for users joining in world (a weekly poap or neat).

We do need to have more content brought back into Decentraland, like Town Halls, Twitter Spaces, etc. Because if we don’t use it, why would we expect anyone else to?

3 Likes

if not mistaken I mentioned this not long time ago, and finally, someone is addressing it. What is “metaverse”? Isn’t it supposed to be a space where we can do anything? Even a simple AMA needs to be conducted on web2. If we don’t make changes, this will never truly be the metaverse; it’s just metaweb2.

1 Like

Can’t we do both? :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

I guess we can do both, one way is to have X Spaces live stream into Worlds via Billboard or a Screen. Other way would be to Live stream Worlds (Spaces.dcl.eth) on Twitter (X) (not spaces) or from Youtube instant premiere

Decentraland Should Use DCL Worlds instead of Twitter (X) Spaces

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 32% 3,144,451 VP (47 votes)
  • No 1% 3,233 VP (3 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 67% 6,660,138 VP (26 votes)