[DAO:40bb71f] Should self-voting in grants result in their invalidation or revocation?

by 0x5b5cc427c1d81db4f94de4d51d85ce122d63e244 (Fehz)

Initiating discussions about the possibility of adding to the CoE a way to take measures against community members voting for their own grants.

We suggest the invalidation of grant proposals submitted by authors or requestors voting for themselves. In the case one of those gets approved, the Revocations Committee should advocate for the invalidation and/or revocation of such grants prior to the allocation of funds.

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Clarification:

This is for ‘YES’ votes, not for ‘Abstain’ or ‘NO’.

What about Pitch for bidding and tendering ?

1 Like

It is called “conflict of interests”, so I vote YES on this one.

About CoE - it is pure piece of 
, used against very few :wink:

People should be able to vote on their own Pitch and Tender proposals, but not on the bids.

2 Likes

I honestly vote for my self most of the time, but not to get a bit more VP or anything.

The reason why vote for myself is because I believe in myself and I believe that if you can show others that you believe in yourself it shows courage and possibilities.

Now the reason why I said this is because, the intentions may be different for each individual. Yes its a problem if a whale does just to go the easy route. Therefore I really dont know how I should vote for this.

Hope the community makes a wise decision :heart:đŸ«”đŸ»

Ok we should make this clear, because I was being accused of literally “voting for myself” on a Pitch and to avoid controversy I just changed to “abstain”

1 Like

How to stop buddy buddy kickbacks favors? 1 person 1 vote is the way to stop the communist saboteurs of Nifty Island, Meta/Facebook, Hyperfly from coming in here to destroy

It’s good that you believe in yourself Injesterr, but someone with 20 vp who believes in themself hits a lot different than someone with 1,000,000 vp who believes in themself.

3 Likes

This should depend on how much that self vote represented in the overall Yes results. If a 4M VP self vote/conflict interest vote represents more than 50% of the Yes votes, theres a problem

Should self-voting in grants result in their invalidation or revocation?

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 99% 4,927,865 VP (67 votes)
  • No 0% 0 VP (1 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 8,027 VP (1 votes)
1 Like

Should self-voting in grants result in their invalidation or revocation?

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfb1afa4dc069ffb47b19dbee196045d508fcd5a2)

You are very right, Now that you say this I believe we can set caps for anyone who has over 100k VP and votes for them self should be revoked.

There is also one more problem I believe, what if the self voter doesn’t propose something under the same wallet they hold the VP in.

I believe the reason is that you made the Pitch so precise and restrictive that you would have been the only one to apply.

The Pitch was for 3 persons as individual candidates, it had no requirements to fit with anyone and it had a really boarder scope of different tasks.

I don’t think it was restrictive. Can you put an example to demonstrate your statement?

This decision will directly impact whether investors choose to purchase MANA or LAND. For example, suppose someone wants to invest 1,000,000 MANA in DAO and development projects, but they know they cannot vote for their own project. Would they still choose to invest?

Is that a joke?
Are you really saying “Draining the DAO by self-voting on proposals is the sole reason of investing in MANA”?

At least we know where your mind is at. That explains even more your past actions in the DAO.

1 Like

wtf? :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

People always grow from mistakes. We continuously strive for innovation, and if we encounter setbacks, we keep improving until we help DCL succeed.