[DAO:40545af] Add the location -109,-6 to the Points of Interest

by 0xfe811afd3bccf3d4209c03c9744cee802fa675d7 (AmorePacific)

AMORE PACIFIC

Should the scene located at -109,-6 be added to the Point of Interest list?

Description

(-109,-6) scene was created by the Amorepacific to announce their metaverse entry. They are also participating in MVFW23 as an official partner, showing their commitment to sustainability. It is also very beautiful and has great aesthetic value.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

(-109,-6) was built by the Korean beauty brand Amorepacific to announce their entry into the metaverse. This time, they are also participating in MVFW23 as an official partner, showing their commitment to sustainability. It’s also very beautiful and has great aesthetic value.

Below is an article about Amorepacific’s entry into the Metaverse, and although it is written in Korean, the images are also very similar to the Decentralized Land scene.

i think getting Korean brands into DCL would be great and this build is very well done! However, a POI is something that ideally has some kind of community value or that people will look for over a longer period of time. It’s not just an extra part of brand engagement.

If this build stays around for another six months and keeps contributing to DCL or getting other Korean brands involved, I would say yes, but for now will vote no.

3 Likes

This space is not just a space for brand engagement. It is a space to communicate the value of ‘New Beauty’ that Amorepacific pursues. In particular, on the third floor of this building, Amorepacific held an art contest to express their definition of beauty in terms of not just external beauty but also the value of beautifying the world, and the winning entries are displayed. We will continue to send healthy messages to the world in this way.

Below is the link to the art contest we held in January.

We’d love to continue our work to bring these messages to more people, so please vote “YES” on the POI registration vote so that more people can come to this space and we can continue this work in a meaningful way.

Hi AmorePacific
I visited your storefront, it is beautiful and I loved the aesthetic. I loved the interactive game as well!

To me I think locations that are worthy of a Point of Interest star have done the following:

1. Worked to host events before applying for a POI star
  2. Gotten to know community members and become active within the DCL community
  3. Brought value to the greater Decentraland community in a way that is not self-serving
  4. Minted the name they are proposing the POI with
  5. Have not voted on their own proposal: Let the community make this decision

Many businesses wait months or even years before applying for a POI star. Have you held any events other than MVFW23 at your land? Do you have any scheduled in the future? Many brands may believe that a POI star is the next logical step in building their presence in the metaverse. However many of us feel that a POI star is an honor given to locations who have expended time and energy to build not only their brand, but Decentraland as a whole. Some brands seek a POI star to draw attention and customers to their parcel. Other options might include: Hold events at your land, either for your own brand, or let other users use your venue to showcase their wearable release, DJ party, etc. Have event pages for your events to drive traffic to the parcel. Sponsor community events, such as the fashion shows held regularly and other projects that would benefit from the support. Maintain a social media account and connect with Decentraland users on Twitter, Instagram, Discord, etc. The more the community gets to know you and your venue, the more value they will feel that it brings to Decentraland.

This is general information I share with most venues applying for POI stars, and I hope that it has been helpful. I will be voting no at this time because I’ve not seen any other community engagement from you. I’d be happy to vote yes in the future as your company gets more involved and becomes more active in Decentraland :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have to agree with Dax and Canessa…
I also visited and thought the build was very pretty and the quest was well thought out…

but I believe POIs to be a special badge given to parcels for continued engagement with the community and this one in particular does not meet the criteria at this time.

1 Like

Add the location -109,-6 to the Points of Interest

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 31,416 VP (52 votes)
  • No 98% 3,525,187 VP (106 votes)
  • Abstain 1% 33,261 VP (5 votes)