[DAO:3a244f7] WonderMine Multiplayer and Feature Enhancements

WonderMine is the only game I currently play in DCL, wearables are amazing quality and I wish all the success to the team, but a lot of the milestones from previous grant weren’t achieved (it looks like around half or even more than half), because of that I can’t vote yes.

Also I don’t understand did you hire one more developer or did you not?

1 Like

Wondermine was one of our team’s first impressions of DCL and it was a really good one, hopefully this will let the developers build a fully self-sustained ecosystem.

Hey @Canessa @CheddarQueso and others with comments/concerns about the previous grant’s roadmap.

It’s no secret that the roadmap for the previous grant was too ambitious for our small team, especially since we weren’t able to hire any new game devs like we had planned. This is something we’ve been open about and communicated about, and we ended up changing course and focus on a more reasonable roadmap for 2022. It seems like a lot of people aren’t aware of this, so just wanted to point that out.
Note: the update page on the previous grant was a new feature in the DAO, plus the previous grant was a resubmission posted by Yemel, so we never actually had access to post any updates there - which is why it is empty. Our updates were posted on Discord (our own + the DAO server).

The roadmap we set out for this 2023 grant is much more reasonable, and we believe we are able to deliver on it after reflecting and learning from the previous grant.

Hope this clears things up!

Hi @Shiny

Also I don’t understand did you hire one more developer or did you not?

We weren’t able to hire any game developers like we had planned, however we did hire a part-time back-end developer to help out with the server side of things.

I also wanted to add a note about advertising, for those of you who mentioned it in connection to sustainability.

We are well aware we could bring in more revenue from advertising in WonderMine. We’ve always had sort of a ‘no ads’ policy, and this ultimately boils down to personal preference, but it’s also out of respect for our users. Nobody likes ads, I mean there’s a reason virtually everyone uses ad-blocking software. Personally I’d hate to see the walls of WonderMine filled with ads and billboards, polluting the view and disrupting the gameplay. This comes from the love of the game, and as a player I know I would strongly dislike tons of ads everywhere. I’m sure we can all agree to dislike those untimely ads in free mobile games :slight_smile:

Now this is mostly my personal preference, but I’m fairly happy about being involved with one of the fewer places in DCL where the users can have an ad-free experience, without disruptions to the gameplay. It’s a principals thing. We’ve actually declined a few opportunities for ads in WonderMine already, out of the principal.

That said, we agree with the concerns about sustainability, and some form of advertising is likely something we’re gonna have to consider going forward. Ultimately we want to become self-sustaining as a company, and not rely of DAO funding to keep WonderZone operational.

WonderMine Multiplayer and Feature Enhancements

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 79% 7,021,923 VP (95 votes)
  • No 21% 1,935,259 VP (36 votes)

This proposal has been ENACTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)

Vesting Contract Address: 0xA1670644302d469b85dce8d5A7fC889DB566e5Aa

Dear Community,

The Grant Support Squad was created to support the grantees in achieving their goals and taking care of the DAO treasury.

After thoroughly reviewing this project, the Squad wants to communicate that we recommend creating a new vesting contract.

Based on the overdue on the roadmap, [they are at least 1 month delayed], we held a meeting with the Wondermine team @maruudn and reached an agreement that the vesting contract should follow a newly proposed timeline.

Therefore, we recommend that the DAO Committee create a new vesting contract that aligns with the presented schedule.

The suggested start date for the new vesting contract, allocating the rest of the available funds, is the same day in which the DAO Committee (@HPrivakos @Tobik) revokes the existing VC (preferably asap - end may2023), with a duration of 3 months. We also suggest following the linear version of the vesting contract without a cliff, in line with the vesting contract version applicable at the time of the grant submission.

Best regards,

The Grant Support Squad.

This proposal has been ENACTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)

Vesting Contract Address: 0xE40134701d6CA74AdDaFde34Ed9F7826AE568877