[DAO:284b4a5] Decentraland Governance - Lowering Wearable Publishing Fee

by 0xed0e0cb94f60f72ec94bef848f5df4cbd365af1d (InJesterr)

Linked Pre-Proposal

: Decentraland Governance - Lowering Wearable Publishing Fee

Summary

As someone deeply invested in our metaverse, I believe in our power to shape DCL. This proposal is an extension of that belief, aiming to refine the structure of wearable fees in a way to balances economic viability, inclusivity, and sustainability.

Abstract

Summary:

This proposal revolves around redefining the wearable submission fee, aligning it more closely with our community’s ethos and the needs of our growing metaverse. By setting the fee at $100 USD, paid in MANA, and directing a portion of it to curators, the Catalyst network, and the DAO’s Grants Program, we can ensure a healthy ecosystem that benefits creators, curators, and the entire Decentraland community.

Motivation

Motivation:

My aim is to decrease the fees, making the Decentraland platform more appealing to new users. By reducing the fee, we increase the likelihood of new users engaging in creative endeavors. Currently, numerous projects are actively integrating with Decentraland. To entice these newcomers into releasing wearables as well, we need to establish incentives. This adjustment would yield benefits for them, the DAO, Curators, and even the Catalyst.

Observing the willingness of some individuals to further reduce the fee, I am inclined to approach this gradually. Initially, I propose reducing the fee to $100, allowing us to assess its impact. This figure is both straightforward and easily divisible among the DAO, Curators, and Catalyst, providing a smooth transition.

Proposal Details:

In this proposal, I outline a restructuring plan for the wearable submission fee that addresses various aspects of our community’s needs.

Specification

Fixed USD Price, Paid in MANA: The proposed fee is $100 USD, payable in MANA. This approach removes the concerns around crypto price volatility while offering creators a stable pricing point.

Curator Compensation: A significant portion (30%)/($30) of the fee will be dedicated to compensating curators. Recognizing the importance of their role in maintaining quality and integrity, this compensation aligns with their responsibilities.

Catalyst Network Support: To sustain the Catalyst network, which underpins the Decentraland experience, a portion (10%)/($10) of the fee will be directed towards supporting the hosting expenses. This ensures our platform’s stability and reliability.

DAO Investment in Growth: A substantial share (60%)/($60) of the fee will be allocated to the Decentraland DAO’s Grants Program. This commitment reflects our dedication to fostering innovation, development, and the overall expansion of our metaverse.

Conclusion

By reshaping the wearable submission fee structure, we empower creators, acknowledge curators, bolster the Catalyst network, and fuel the growth of our metaverse through the DAO’s initiatives. This proposal reflects our community’s collective aspirations and acknowledges the collaborative efforts that make Decentraland extraordinary.

Given the current minimal traffic, it would prove advantageous to engage creators who have lower operational expenses. The curation committee is in the process of expansion, considering a rate of approximately $30 for each wearable under review. This adjustment, along with channeling $60 back to the DAO & $10 to the catalyst, would significantly enhance accessibility.

A reduced fee makes it appealing for new users to participate in the Decentraland creators program.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

@Canessa Hey,
Here is all the data of all the past publications, I have converted the timestamps on the sheet to dates
CorrectDates - Google Drive

For the final proposal, if it passes we can even share this doc and make calculations based of this sheet and see if our update on the fees work as expected :smiley:

1 Like

(29) DCL Wearable data analysis - YouTube
@Canessa I have all the data analysis in a video for you <3

1 Like

I don’t think $150 is a high price for 100K digital Wearables…You can sell it and make all the profits bru

1 Like

I have just took the time to view your video presentation where you elaborate on your perspectives. I would like to contribute some insights that I believe are of significant importance but may have been inadvertently omitted.

Your analysis predominantly centers around the cost of submission as the solitary variable, which could potentially lead to a misapprehension among the audience. In my assessment, the pivotal factor to consider is the count of Daily Active Users. Notably, your initial point indicates that during the period when the submission cost was lower (below $100), there was a notable increase in wearable creations. This occurrence, however, correlated with a heightened number of active users within the domain. Similarly, the subsequent point in your analysis, highlighting a decline in wearable production, coincides with a decrease in daily active users.

Furthermore, it would be prudent to take into account the overall market condition, particularly within the cryptocurrency domain. During periods of market expansion, disposable capital is more abundant, thereby fostering a greater inclination towards exploring diverse entrepreneurial prospects, including the development and trade of wearables. Conversely, this tendency undergoes a reversal during market contractions, as is the current situation.

An additional aspect deserving attention is the influence of events such as the MZFW (Metaverse Fashion Week), which has historically triggered a substantial surge in submissions during the encompassing weeks.

In my personal opinion, a reduction in the submission fee may not be advisable. I hold the belief that we are poised to witness a substantial surge in all facets of activity within the DCL’s economies as we approach and surpass the upcoming BTC halving event in 2024. Until then, it is crucial to recognize that the most impactful determinant of DCL’s market dynamics remains the overall health of the cryptocurrency markets themselves.

2 Likes

Lowering publishing fee will promote innovation in-world as the barrier of entry for creators will be reduced.
$100 is fair enough for now.
Once we see a surge in creators, we will see a better and affordable wearables suitable for users taste.
The risk, however, could be a surge in supply. Once this happen, we can adjust the publishing fee “again” higher.
We don’t know yet the outcome for lowering the publishing fee so taking this risk is worth pursuing in my opinion.
Will vote YES, so my advance apologies if this will not be passed hahaha.
This is not ChatGPT-generated by the way. Cheers!

Regards

Cursed akasya.eth

2 Likes