[DAO:1dd4423] Refund smart contract audit of DCLControllerV2 (NAME minting)

by 0xd11a019a70986bd607cbc1c1f9ae221c78581f49 (Yemel)

Should the following $900 grant in the Platform category be approved?

Abstract

The governance proposal Redirect NAME minting fees to the DAO was implemented by Decentraland Foundation and it involved an external audit as a security best practice.

This proposal aims to refund the Foundation for the cost of the audit ($900).

Grant size

900 USD in DAI

Project duration

1 month

Beneficiary address

0x7C6Eda316FC4aBf1efaBA8015e6Ff04B241fcb35

Email address

yemel@decentraland.org

Description

The audit is complete and can be found here along side all other audit reports of Decentraland smart contracts.

Roadmap and milestones

This is already done.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

I thought the foundation had a separate treasury and budgets for things like these? We can mix finances between Foundation and DAO but not communications.

It was communicated in the proposal to redirect name fee:

then why does it need another vote?

1 Like

So now we are setting the precedent that anything the DAO wants Foundation to integrate the DAO has to pay for it? Why couldn’t we do that with the Hand category or a new Minting Tier?

Smartcontracts require audits to ensure they are safe. Smartcontracts are owned by the DAO, therefore it make sense for the DAO to at least pay for audits. Development cost is handled by the Foundation.

1 Like

I agree with Jarod… if we already specified that fees for smart contract auditing would be refunded to foundation in a previous proposal, this vote is unnecessary.

Hi, leo cositorto here. It’s a yes from me. those 900 usd should be returned, it’s ridiculous for the community to complain about this silly amount that provides a lot of value in security.

Refund smart contract audit of DCLControllerV2 (NAME minting)

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 91% 6,338,924 VP (97 votes)
  • No 8% 560,527 VP (12 votes)
  • Abstain 1% 6,831 VP (7 votes)

Refund smart contract audit of DCLControllerV2 (NAME minting)

This proposal has been ENACTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)