[DAO:0dea5de] Add Takis USA to the Linked Wearables Registry

by 0xc8e53cf76e0adbcfae2bdb877b90fb286646d443

Should Takis USA be added to the Linked Wearables Registry?

NFT Marketplace Listing

Relevant Links

NFT Collections Description

A limited time only Takis T-shirt wearable for Decentraland users to customize their avatars, stand out and show their love for Takis Snacks.

Motivation

To attract Takis fans to the Decentraland platform and incentivize them to climb the Takis Tower

Items to be Uploaded

Intellectual Property

Evidence provided by Grupo Bimbo (Barcel) of the intellectual property of the Takis Brand.

Link to the United States Patent and Trademark Office

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ySd1luu1RvuHfSRwRDRXTkDG43gjtYOu/view?usp=sharing

Smart Contract Address

• 0x63b92E4b12C7f3546c981bC29c5bd8AAA6CBF670

Manager Addresses

• 0x1795a37710FA043B743522612a55f61F923BF8a2
  • 0x89b5b4D208d4B8027bAeeE28824bcCBAeB881DFa
  • 0x80b5824636736f4Bf27f378259D0319fCDc1303D

Is this collection generated programmatically?

• No

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Hi and welcome here

I voted no because i don’t think you will need Linked Wearbles Registry for 1 x Shirt Wearable.

Best regards

Thank you for this proposal. You can absolutely submit this wearable without having it added to the Linked Wearable Registry. It still shows up in the marketplace and in Decentraland. Please let me know if you need help!

I love Takis! This looks like a great item to be submitted through the standard wearable curation process. I know I’d wear one :slight_smile:

Please correct me if I’m wrong but I believe the linked registry is for holders of NFT collections to be able to sport those wearables in DCL… but there is no NFT attached to this wearable correct? In that case I would agree with the other comments and say it should be submitted though the standard curation process. Cheers.

1 Like

Hello team.

The thing is that this NFTs are already minted in the Smart Contract of the client and won’t be sold in the DCL marketplace, but instead will be transfered to th epeople registered on a list and in a near future people will get them claiming them from a marketplace from Takis that we are finishing to build.

@HowieDoin can’t this be done still without the linked wearables registry?

@Tudamoon this wearables have to be asociated with an NFT already minted with the specific Smart Contract of the client, and is going to be transfered directly to the users that claim it.

Also in the future the brand want to create promotional codes and other experiences related with the brand and the claim of the NFT won’t be done from DCl, but from the specifyc marketplace (imagine promo codes…)

The main thing is that Takis (Grupo Bimbo) has its own wallet and Smart Contracts, and is managed through a platform that allow them to create NFTs from an application (like a backoffice connected with their systems).

To create NFTs they fill a form and upload an asset and they create the NFT with their OWN SMART CONTRACTS.

Hello @CheddarQueso in fact there are NFTs linked to this wearable.

There are few things to consider.

1.) The NFTs are minted in a Smart Contract from Grupo Bimbo (owner of Takis). Grupo Bimbo already has a platform where they manage all their NFTs (like a backoffice) and they can create new NFTs.

2.) The NFTs are already minted in the contract.

3.) The brand plans to have its own site where to give away more NFTs, that also will be minted in their contract (promo codes, gifts…) and will be all managed from their platform.

Add Takis USA to the Linked Wearables Registry

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 86 VP (8 votes)
  • No 99% 2,077,592 VP (34 votes)