[DAO:071a6c1] Increase VP Thresholds for POI, Name Ban & Catalyst Node Proposals

by 0x0636211443e91468ee3657e1d7faede7059c4843 (Nathan)

Linked Draft Proposal

Increase VP Thresholds for POI, Name Ban & Catalyst Node Proposals to 4M VP

Summary

Increase VP Thresholds for POI, Name Ban & Catalyst Node Proposals.

Abstract

With median participating VP at ~8M, the current Thresholds of 500K no longer make sense.

Motivation

It is important that VP Thresholds reflect the continually evolving participation rates within the DAO to ensure decisions are made collectively and with broad community consensus.

Specification

In response to community feedback, I have adjusted the proposed Threshold increases.

The new Thresholds will be as follows:

POI - 2M VP

Catalyst Node - 2M VP

Name Ban - 4M VP

Impacts

Align VP Thresholds with current standards of participation in the DAO.

Implementation Pathways

An adjustment of VP Thresholds will be made on the Governance dApp.

Conclusion

This proposed change aims to increase the VP Thresholds for POI, Name Ban & Catalyst Node Proposals, aligning them with current standards of participation in the DAO.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Voting no…

I believe POI and Name Bans should have a 2M VP threshold and Catalyst Nodes should be 4m VP

I will vote yes this round. The 2M VP for POI and Catalyst Nodes and 4M VP for name ban is acceptable to me.

1 Like

Voting YES, because this is a good starting point. Let’s try this way and if it doesn’t work, let’s adjust the thresholds again.

2 Likes

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 92% 13,833,497 VP (111 votes)
  • No 7% 1,113,018 VP (5 votes)
  • Abstain 1% 4,532 VP (4 votes)

This proposal has been ENACTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfb1afa4dc069ffb47b19dbee196045d508fcd5a2)