Collection 'High Roller Gear' created by ArnjJoe is ready for review!

High Roller Gear

View entire collection

Wearables

Royal Flush Tophat

I Don’t Fold Poker Hoodie

Doughlex Blackjack Edition

5 Likes

5 Likes

Hi arnj_joe, your wearables look awesome!

As we still don’t have a category for watches and accessories and your watch can’t go under any other category, maybe you can include it with the upper body. WDYT?

I put them as top head, because when I used upper body, the upper body disappeared? Which means that I’d have to have a shirt included with it, and that’s not what has been requested for this set.
I chose top_head, because that seemed like the slot least likely to remove other wearables. Seemed like the one available “wild card” slot.

1 Like

I’m asking some of the people who requested this set to back me up here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! What about including the watch with the hoodie?, in the same model

Obviously that is an option, yes, but I would rather them be able to wear the watch with any shirt, rather than forcing them to wear my hoodie.
These are planned with a specific purpose in mind, and having the two combined does not fit with that plan. :frowning:
I will consolidate the two if i must, but I would prefer not to lose the 500 mana that I burned to submit the three objects, and I would like the people who buy or win my watches to be able to wear them with any shirt they choose.
Additionally, the rarity disparity between the hoodie and the watch? The hoodie is very common, the watch is very rare. That was part of the plan for this set as well as future ones. I’ve got an entire line of Doughlex watches already ready to be submitted as soon as I have the mana to do so.
Part of the idea here was for the watch to be a rare item while the hoodie is much more common, and this would be mirrored in my upcoming collections.

3 Likes

I guess what I’m trying to say here is that I put a lot of forethought into this set, and the decision to put the watch as top_head rather than forcing it to group with the hoodie was in my opinion necessary to the spirit and purpose of the set.
I did not make the decision lightly.

I’ve got people wanting to buy these watches already, and as they are right now (top_head), I’m fairly certain they’re going to sell out within a day or so. If I couple them with the hoodie, everything changes at the last second. :frowning:

2 Likes

Everyone who has requested this set and could come and back me up is currently at work. Please just understand that there is a large group of people who are aware of the top_head “issue” and are still waiting to buy them set as-is.

We need more accessory slots :slight_smile:

1 Like

@vrglitch Is there a particular issue in allowing the wearable to be attached to the top_head slot, as a bridge to potentially adding an accessories slot in the future?

4 Likes

I would be more than happy to change it to a more appropriate slot down the line. Right now, though, combining it with the hoodie would be a huge mistake, both for my investment and my future profits.

Not to mention the fact that, with the way the builder reads textures, I’m not even sure that I could fit both of them into one slot and still meet the maximum allowed materials.

apparently, this is read as two separate textures. Since your default pallette is plugged into two inputs of the shader, it reads it as two separate texture files when importing to the builder.
This makes hats that include hair especially difficult to slide under the maximums.

1 Like

I plan on buying a bundle of these wearables, mainly as something to wear while playing poker. But I would like to have the option of wearing the watch with other outfits too.

4 Likes

I agree with JaysonDCL, I would also like to see a separate watch for this set. I really like the individual pieces and think that having a watch to go with anything is the best way to go… people want differentiation and combinations… the more they can do, the more value there is

2 Likes

Quickly chiming in here as well, as it seems odd that there is currently no acceptable accessories category for the watch to live in. I would personally buy the watch by itself, but it completely changes the items if they are combined with the top.

2 Likes

Also… I want that set!

1 Like

This debate is the cost of innovation, and I think this is a battle worth fighting. :slight_smile:

The set loooks awesome all together, I love that the element of the cards in all of them. It makes it feel very unified.

1 Like

There will need to be an accessories slot at some point, in my opinion.
Or maybe the wrist is part of the hands slot if that gets added?

Really cool set, and I would love to be able to have a DCL watch/bracelet collection.
I could see a lot of use cases for those type of wearables.

2 Likes

IMO, we need multiple “wildcard” accessory slots.

I intend to continue the Doughlex wristwatch line if we can get this to work.
Loses its appeal if it has to be coupled with a shirt, though.

Obviously I’m the first to submit a watch on its own, and that’s a good prospect for me. I’m willing to debate this until a Final decision is made.

1 Like

I would personally prefer them to be seperate, so I can wear one or the other with different items. I am interested in this set so I so dope they are released individually.

1 Like