[DAO: QmXXjET] A Scene Moderation System That Respects Plurality

by 0xd11a019a70986bd607cbc1c1f9ae221c78581f49 (Yemel#1f49)

At the moment there is no moderation in place for experiences deployed to Decentraland. We need a moderation system that allows users to customize the kind of experience they want.

This proposal is about providing a way to tag scenes under the pre-defined categories such as violence, drugs, sex, gambling, etc. To be defined in the following DRAFT proposal.

This tagging will be done by a committee reviewing all scene deployments and making sure the tags apply to them. Any community member will also be able to report a scene with incorrect tags.

The reference client will use the scene tags to allow users to customize their experience and also provide sensible defaults to newcomers.

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

i would support this if it’s only tagging and only after the fact that a scene has been deployed - if i need to wait for my scene to be moderated everytime i deploy it, then i hate this idea.

Correct @dax, the idea is to tag them after deployment. This should be a parallel process, the Catalyst and deploy process shouldn’t be affected by this proposal.

The tagging data should live in a different server or smart contract. The use of this info is totally at the discretion of Decentraland’s explorers.

1 Like

gotcha, thanks for your reply. and is this simply related to labeling “vices” or could it be more round? ie, could this tag manager simply tag any scene such as “art” or “film” or “games” etc

Much needed across the decentraland. Please email us at info@imining.com we would like to discuss your moderation system and possible collaborations. Best for 2022.

Hi @dax I like the idea to add more general labels leveraging this process to enrich the information we have about a parcel. This could be helpful to create a directory of experiences to explore.

Thanks for the input!

A Scene Moderation System That Respects Plurality

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 100% 571,064 VP (25 votes)
  • No 0% 0 VP (0 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (0 votes)

Please tell me this does not include any powers to change or hide people’s scenes ?

A Scene Moderation System That Respects Plurality

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xfe91c0c482e09600f2d1dbca10fd705bc6de60bc)

yes. Leezeeszlounge is NSFW - as we all love it to be, naturally… but if i decide to disney the place up one sunday for an event we should have our tags changed…

i really wish dcl (and metazone) would have whole scene/meta-code switch over’s from other preloaded scenes, metas, nfts, whatever on the fly