[DAO: QmUYjQG] Decentraland featured on CBS Nationally

by 0x1b01162322ce12cb98675fc6e7d3e8330a794505 (WildfiresPrjkt#4505)

Should the following Tier 2: up to $3,000 USD in MANA, one-time payment grant in the Platform Contributor category be approved?

Abstract

Hello, my name is Johnny and I am the developer of the TV series Sounds of the Underground. SOTU airs nationally on 5 CBS stations, and YouTube, and in the past has been featured on AmazonPrime, Rakuten, Samsung TV+, and Vizeo WatchFree. Being a part of the DCL community myself, I am looking to partner with the DAO to feature Decentraland on the show and build our community.

Decentraland would receive the following:

• A 20-second promotional video aired within all 5 episodes this season.
  • Category exclusivity (no other metaverse will be featured)
  • Inclusion in all Press Releases
  • Listing in show credits and on the website.

Teaser Video: https://youtu.be/NfbQcnlP28Q

Grant size

3,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0x6aFdEb7bC59BB2a25139d5713e925FD638C339a8

Description

Sounds of the Underground should receive funding as it will solve a large need - more people joining the DCL community. With the flood of new metaverses being built, Decentraland needs to be the one that stands out among the rest. Having DCL featured in such prominent places will drive more people to the platform, and build more recognition and notoriety for the platform. The series will be airing around the time of the Decentraland Music Festival so it is the perfect time to draw people in.

Quick Stats:

• Combined CBS network viewership of over 1.5 million
  • Combined CBS OTT advertising impressions - 525,000
  • Exposure of 40+ artists, both established and up-and-coming
  • Over 15 brands promoted
  • 3 Mental Health nonprofits supported
  • Continuous write-ups in over 20 media outlets
  • Full public relations and marketing team

The episodes will also air within Decentraland at one of the many great venues I’ve worked with before.

Specification

The project is being filmed on July 13th and 14th. After filming we will enter the editing and post-production phases. Promotions will begin on traditional media outlets, TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook in September, and the series will air in October.

Teaser Video: https://youtu.be/NfbQcnlP28Q

Personnel

Johnny Zirkel - Johnny has been producing live music and television events since 2008. His mental health non-profit, Reverse the Trend, had over 500 successful events in a 4-year span. He has a degree in marketing communications and is a team member at High Road Publicity. Johnny is also a member of SAG-AFTRA, BMI, and Grammy-U.

Venture Music - A full-force marketing team that has worked with some of the largest entertainment clients in the industry.

Sean Sweetman - Sean is an experienced videographer who has been filming for artists and brands as a career for over a decade. He uses Blackmagic Design cameras, and always produces the highest quality work.

Steven Hopkins - Steven is an experienced audio engineer who has traveled internationally in the United States and Asia for his work in music.

Roadmap and milestones

By demand, Sounds of the Underground is coming back for its fourth season. Progress will be shared via the forum, Twitter, and Instagram. We will also be pitching to streaming services such as Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu once the season airs.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

“Nationally” wihtout mentioning the country :joy:
Are you aware this project and community is global?

I like the idea but I can’t vote yes to something so USA-centric, sorry.

1 Like

Here is an updated link to the official website as the one in the proposal is misspelled https://www.soundsoftheundergroundtv.com/

CBS is a US company so I didn’t feel the need to mention that in regards to that specific location. The CBS stations are in the United States, but the YouTube campaign is international and so are the streaming services. The show is mostly watched in North America, Europe, and Asia, and we are looking at expanding that.

I’ve been an active DCL member since last year and have done many events and giveaways for the community so I understand the community well. I wish you would have waited to vote until I clarified all of this for you, but thank you for taking the time to look.

Im voting NO because:

1. This is a Sponsoring Grant
  2. You didn’t have claimed a DCL name yet
  3. I don’t like how you deflated your Wearable from 15 Mana to 10 Mana - there is no benefit for me a early buyer

I hope you are still gonna spread the words. If you are a DCL user, it should be in your own interests.

Best regards

Decentraland featured on CBS Nationally

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 6% 53,367 VP (64 votes)
  • No 94% 811,544 VP (20 votes)