[DAO: QmTSDLJ] Theatre for Stage Acting

by 0x0b5b9917820a3d03851ac6c414449134bd4fd4e1

Should the following Tier 5: up to $120,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Community category be approved?

Abstract

It’s a place for aspiring actors to assemble and hone their craft and possibly become a star.

Grant size

120,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0x03aa46f774982049b44d59bDbB041CC784Db0Fb4

Description

Need funding to hire a director, acting coach, stage crew, casting director, writers, and I would run daily operations. This will be a weekly enjoyed past time as the thrill of a theatre will far surpass movie demand within Decentraland. It will create lrevenue, spark careers, and bring artist taste in the NFT dominated artistic venue.

Specification

Will need a theatre style building with stage, crew, materials, costumes, and even pay actors. Auditions would take place. A casting director would be best for this job. Writers for plays/skits.

Personnel

I am an actor and have several friends who are in film industry whether PAs, make-up artists, costume designer, casting directors, other actors, directors, and lighting and sound crew. All of which can be hired to work in the theatre.

Roadmap and milestones

3 months. The auditions and writing the shows would take most time. The rest hiring, practices, design of costume and set. Weekly update of detailed progress report. Possibly even an NFT lobby…
Few select paintings on each side as you walk to your expensive balcony seat. Tickets will sell to watch live theatre in decentraland. Before entering theatre.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

Decentraland needs a theatre and more houses of the arts.

Doesn’t anyone see the potential here?

Dear VanillaSky, thank you for your suggestion. While I understand its merits the proposal seeks to draw on the common wealth of the DAO, for what could ultimately be a business opportunity. I’m not sure that as a contributor to the fund that the DAO should be delivering an arts grant in a community which already has a substantial artistic presence.

While this is not a bad idea, you’ll have to refine and flesh out this proposal much more to get it approved. It’s not clear at all what the funds would be used for, why you’re the right person to do it, how you plan to create the theater building, where you plan to host it, or even how you plan to stage entertaining plays in an environment with such limited tools for expression. There are less than a dozen emotes for example. Looking forward to reviewing the next iteration of this proposal.

Theatre for Stage Acting

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 0% 0 VP (0 votes)
  • No 10% 437,911 VP (5 votes)