by 0x9982b469910c2ee2ea566dcfcc250cdd34056397 (MrEric)
To incentivize members of the curation committee, we need to compensate them for their time and contributions.
This is a revised proposal based on the outcome and discussion of this proposal to compensate Curation Committee Members.
The Wearables Curation Committee was formed to help ensure that all published wearables are technically sound before they are minted on Polygon and made permanently available to users.
In order to incentivize committee members to do this work, they need to be compensated fairly. Failing to compensate the Curation Committee will result in faster turn-over within the committee, and (likely) a subsequent decrease in the volume and quality of minted wearables.
People who submit Decentraland wearables for publication must pay a fee of 500 MANA per item in each collection submitted. A portion of these fees needs to be used to compensate the committee.
I suggest that each committee member be compensated with 10% of the publication fee (50 MANA) per item processed, regardless of whether the item is approved or rejected. These payments can be made in MANA by the DAO Committee on a monthly basis. Retroactive payments should be executed to compensate the committee for work they’ve done since June 1st.
According to this query on the Graph, the committee has published 227 separate collections for a total of 466 items since the launch of the Wearables Editor on June 1, 2021 (as of the time of writing on August 12th). This total includes all submissions, including those that are rejected.
With the publication fee set at 500 MANA per item, the DAO has collected 233,000 MANA between June 1st and August 12th.
During the previous 73 days, this averages to:
- 1 collection / day / committee member
- 2.13 items / day / committee member
At the suggested rate of 50 MANA/item/committee member, each member would receive a rough average of 3,195 MANA / month.
Basing compensation on the number of items processed has several benefits:
- Each month, running a Graph query to calculate the amount of MANA to transfer to the committee members is simple and efficient.
- The data that each month’s compensation is based off is transparent and public for the community.
- Starting at 50 MANA per creates incentives to grow the committee, and increase the number of wearables processed.
- Compensate Curators 50 MANA per item
- Compensate Curators, but find another rate
Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO