[DAO:a3ffc08] Should these selected community members be confirmed as part of the Revocations Committee?

It sounds like they may have been interviewed internally already, if I missed that, it’s my oversight.

Yeah I mean it would probably make the most sense if it was a public forum.

We have.

1 Like

Hello community, I am very happy to answer any questions you may have whether on an individual basis or in a group setting. I would like to see a consensus throughout the entire community that those who have been vetted by the GSS committee are the best selections for this particular position.

2 Likes

This is what we call a real DCL community !!!:+1:t4::+1:t4::+1:t4:

1 Like

Hi @Canessa ,

Just to clarify, the community has voted on a process on how this committee should be created and how a member could be added or removed. (here you could read the governance proposal).

So, in this stage, we are going through the process voted. Specifically:

Article 3 stated:

Procedure for how to create, add/remove an Accountability Committee Member To create the initial Committee-

The process for creating this committee of 5 members includes three stages:

I) The open application period in the forum, which took place here 1

II) The Grant Support Squad interviews the candidates and makes a final selection of 5 members and 2 substitutes, which the Grant Support Squad has worked on in the past 3 weeks. We have interviewed 14 candidates. Based on the criteria, we have come up with this selection to be the most diverse in terms of background, Decentraland expertise, gender, professional experience, and openness to work with others collaboratively and multidisciplinary within the members who applied.

III) final poll for the community to accept or decline this selection.

Regarding the community received feedback, we will organize an event on Discord to introduce the potential candidates. Additionally, we could utilize Slido to allow the entire community to ask any questions they may have about the candidates’ profiles.

Thank you!

4 Likes

This is my personal opinion, It almost feels like I am forced to agree, like an ultimatum. Even though I have no problem being open or interviewed by the community and can be open to the idea… . I do hope there is a level of moderation in this event. Either way, I do want what is best for the community. If that is what the community is in dire need of.

2 Likes

Can the person with 4.0M VP kindly share your reasoning for voting no? IMO when someone has so much power, I believe it should be their responsibility to let the community know why they are making a certain decision.

1 Like

Every single person that the proposal selected is a reliable, great individual.
I’m talking from personal experience I have had with those members, which is why I am voting yes!

2 Likes

@zino I see where this is quoted but it is up for interpretation a bit based on how exactly the community poll for voting on this selection will be structured.

The Grant Support Squad interviews the candidates and makes a final selection of 5 members and 2 substitutes. For the creation of this committee and its renewals, the final selection will be presented to the community in a poll.

source: DAO Grant Program - Accountability Committee

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the selection process as you said this was made clear, but I was under the impression we would be able to vote on candidates individually and that was the purpose of the substitutes, incase a proposed member was rejected by the community.

This was the process used for the DAO committee selection process recently and I think would solve a lot of the community concern to be able to place our votes on each candidate individually instead being forced to select all or none. I also agree with what others are suggesting that a public Q&A with the candidates pre-vote would give the community much more context towards what they are voting on.

Are there any notes or information the GSS can share on the selected candidates based on their interviews and why the GSS selected them aside from their self wrote applications?

1 Like

Should these selected community members be confirmed as part of the Revocations Committee?

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 4% 213,484 VP (37 votes)
  • No 95% 4,442,080 VP (144 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 1% 11,426 VP (4 votes)

Hello Community,

After a nurturing discussion on this poll about the candidates proposed to integrate the first Revocations Committee, the Community flagged that the procedure to set up the initial setup should be similar to the one used to add a new DAO Committee Member. Specifically, the community should have the opportunity to interview the candidates.

It’s important to note that, to honor the process of votation and keep the legitimacy of the government process that we as a DAO have, we found three ways to get through this blocker.

We´d love to hear your opinion regarding the decision-making. Let us know in the comments of the poll created, and we´ll be happy to discuss them in more detail.

Should these selected community members be confirmed as part of the Revocations Committee?

This proposal has been REJECTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)

lol i was taken off this cause Zino couldnt find time to interview me.