[DAO:8ef3aac] Update #2 for proposal "Information Preservation in Decentraland: A Historical Perspective"

Author: 0x4cd50f3c3d99a552f3ed1e6d24e2cef7db4e9269
Update Status: On Time
Project Health: :green_circle: On Track

Introduction

Hi, this is my recap of the past weeks and 1# Update.

Highlights

As of now, a total of 22 pages have been created, with some predating this grant and others still undergoing development. The recent focus has been on the following 12 write-ups during the past weeks.

1. AI World Fair 2023 - AI World Fair 2023 | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  2. AMA - AMA - Ask Me Anything | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  3. Builder Contest - Builder Contest | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  4. DCLFilmClub - DCLFilmClub | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  5. Decentraland All Hands #1 - Decentraland All Hands No. 1 | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  6. Decentraland All Hands #2 - Decentraland All Hands No. 2 | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  7. Decentraland Weekly - Decentraland Weekly | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  8. Emote Contest - Emote Contest | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  9. Photo Contest - Photo Contest | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  10. Twitter Spaces - Twitter Spaces | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  11. Wearable Contest - Wearable Contest | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  12. Worlds AMA - Worlds AMA | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom

Blockers

Due to an unexpected move from my rented apartment, I couldnt spend the time I wanted to in the past week. As this is over the hill, I aim to recover the time and add the missing bits and pieces to the articles that went incomplete.

Next steps

Focus will be on finding the perfect presentation of images that can accompany an article.
Completing the articles that are already created and establishing more on top of these, trying to find the right balance of information overkill and simplicity.

Conversations were held with Nico Earnshaw from the Foundation and Pablo from the GSS, leading to an agreement to incorporate content on the official docs pages, ensuring alignment with the grants category framework.

Furthermore, there was a discussion with @HPrivakos regarding rocketchat, the platform that was used before Discord, and its potential for storing historical information. More details on this topic will follow.

Additional notes and links

Every day spent, exploring this subject, brings forth new ideas and information sources that hadn’t crossed my mind previously. I am hopeful that I will be able to deliver more content than originally planned, making this effort a long-lasting endeavor that extends far beyond the initial six-month period. I believe and hope it will prove beneficial in numerous instances in the long run.

View this update on the Governance dApp

I Noticed a lot of information missing regarding the wearable contest 2020, Which was a historical moment since the winners were the first community wearables created . You didn’t mentioned the winners and the collections that were created …

Hey @SugarClub, it is on my to-do list. Next to the usual information, I am aiming to share submitted ideas along the end product, that was created by the Foundation, for the Launch Collection contest. The early Fashion Shows will be next up as well.

1 Like

This project update has been edited by the author. Please check the latest version on the Governance dApp.

Introduction
My #2 update of this grant was edited into my #1 update and via this forum post. Pablo & Gino suggested that I include my update into the old one, as I had missed the initial #1 update by a few hours, in order to offset this mishap, and post the next update into the right slot.

Highlights
The focus of this month has been on the topics below. I am currently working in a Sandbox, to find the ideal way to show Wearables, without taking too much space. Halloween 2020 had 69 Wearables, if I am not mistaken, and it would take a lot of space showing them normally. The same applies for most events, as I want to add Wearables that were available to claim to each event.

1. Art Week 2020 - Art Week 2020 | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  2. Art Week 2021 - Art Week 2021 | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  3. Birthday 2021 - Birthday 2021 | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  4. Birthday 2022 - Birthday 2022 | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  5. Decentraland Community Summit 2024 - Decentraland Community Summit 2024 | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  6. Decentraland Music Festival 2023 - Decentraland Music Festival 2023 | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  7. Fashion Show 2020 - Fashion Show 2020 | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  8. Fashion Show 2.0 2020 - Fashion Show 2.0 2020 | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  9. MANA - MANA | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  10. Metaverse Pride 2022 - Metaverse Pride 2022 | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  11. Moonshot Crypto World Cup 2020 - Moonshot Crypto World Cup 2020 | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom
  12. Pride Parade 2021 - Pride Parade 2021 | Decentraland Wiki | Fandom

Blockers
None

Next Steps
For the next month, I will be looking more into the topics I aim to provide into the official docs pages. As well, I am in contact with @HPrivakos to create high quality, historical maps, based on Blockchain data. For example: current districts/dissolved districts, ownership, price range.

Additional Notes
Meta GamiMall was reaching out via Discord, asking me how to be covered with my articles. I will aim to cover more community related content in the upcoming months. Please feel free to hit me up in case of interesting topics or wishes I can address as well. There is a lot to talk about in regards of Decentraland.