[DAO:5052724] Add Integrate Dynamic NFTs and add FANCY BEARS as the first dynamic avatars to the Linked Wearables Registry

by 0xb357e7575a780980e4cee86654a6acd0cc13b77f

Should Integrate Dynamic NFTs and add FANCY BEARS as the first dynamic avatars be added to the Linked Wearables Registry?

NFT Marketplace Listing

Relevant Links

NFT Collections Description

Fancy Bears Metaverse is a Dynamic NFT collection of 8888 programmatically generated avatars on the Ethereum blockchain. Bears love yachts, good vibes — and Honey. All the girls love Fancy Bears!

We invented the Trait Swap, the first Dynamic NFTs platform, where you can personalize your PFPs with traits from different high end brands. We work with a number of PFP collections we want to bring to Decentraland.

We have 50+ partners coming from the crypto space, fashion, lifestyle and NFT sectors, including Binance, Crypto.com, eToro, Vlaunch, GamerHash, Diesel, and many others.

Motivation

We want to be the first Dynamic NFT avatar collection in Decentraland. We want to make our solution available for other NFT collections in future too.

Our goal for Fancy Bears Metaverse is to create a dynamic infrastructure that will integrate all the existing avatars, games, metaverses, AI, sports, and VR/AR entertainment experiences.

Decentraland is one of the most important steps that we need to take to fulfill our vision. In the end, our goal is to bring hundreds of millions of users to the metaverse. But we can’t do it all alone. It will be possible only with a clear plan, great tech, and a long list of partners, like Decentraland, seeking new frontiers outside the world they already know.

Items to be Uploaded

Intellectual Property

The official website is linked with the names and social media of our team here:

https://www.fancybearsmetaverse.com/about-new

Smart Contract Addresses

• 0x87084ec881d5a15c918057f326790db177d218f2
  • 0xce15f018b083844a0b650b8000a00f227fb8cfbe

Manager Address

• 0xB357E7575a780980E4ceE86654A6aCd0cC13b77f

Is this collection generated programmatically?

• No

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

1 Like

Gm guys! This is Jakub from Fancy Bears / Trait Swap. Let me know if you have any questions regarding this proposal you can DM me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jakubchmielniak
I’m also available on your Discord.
I’d love to see this implemented, we want to make Decentraland the first place in the world where dynamic avatars based on our dynamic NFTs infrastructure are fully operational and ready to roam the lands.

1 Like

seems really interesting! few questions:

• can you give an overview of some more of the technical details?
  • how will this work within DCL / how does it interact with the existing infrastructure?
  • is this just approving fancy bears and more collections would need to be approved over time?
  • how do traits work - do they also need to be approved as more come out?
2 Likes
  1. We basically created an infrastructure and a front end app that allows us to add on new traits on the existing PFPs. The new traits are NFTs themselves that you need to mint and then stake on dedicated contracts. The collections needs to get onboarded first. More details can be found on https://www.traitswap.com/

2. Our plan is to integrate our Trait Swap with a headless version of Blender, where each time a PFP is modified in our app, the 3D avatar is being modified simultaneously. Each modification will result in alteration of the 3D file on the server used for integration with Decentraland API.

3. Fancy Bears are a proof of work, more collections will follow as soon as we make sure all works smoothly. Same applies to brands. We’re gonna bring new avatars and new items (= new users) to Decentraland via PFPs and fashion companies. Our bigger plan can be found here: The Dynamic NFTs and the expansion of the Metaverse — The Big Plan | by Fanadise | Medium

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

easy YES from me why i was the first to vote. We all know I been advocating a ton on linked Wearables since i believe they are the future of NFTs and we should continue to encourage communities to link them. Def this one too since i checked them out they are great people and have a great community. Would be honored to have them so my fingers crossed for this!

1 Like

the tech is a little out of my wheelhouse, but if @MorrisMustang is involved that’s a good assurance things are on the level and will be seen through.

Also asked @Malloy about it and he was also positive - so voting yes, good luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much @dax for your support! :mechanical_arm:

I cannot post more than 3 replies so this one refers to @cazala:

Thanks for the feedback! We’re gonna approve all the traits that we intend to use through registry, but then the avatar (= the files) will be dynamically modified in headless version of Blender that will replace the file every time the original NFT (avatar) will be modified in our Trait Swap (Trait Swap | Fancy Bears) - of course we’ll be using approved items only.
It’s actually Morris Mustang who came up with a way to do it :smiley:

1 Like

Hey Jakub, while this idea sounds great, I think it does not comply with how linked wearables work… For a linked wearable collection to work (or any wearable/emote/3D assets in any scene for that matter) the .glb needs to be downloaded from a catalyst server. For it to be available in the catalyst network it needs to be first uploaded to a catalyst server. And in order to be uploaded, the GLB needs to be first uploaded via the Builder, and a curator needs to approve it and upload it. So if the GLBs are going to be generated on the fly every time a user makes a change to the PFP, that new GLB needs to be uploaded to a catalyst, and it can only be done by a curator (they are the only ones whose signature will be accepted by a catalyst server).

1 Like

Perfect example of what Linked Wearables should be. Easy yes!

It could be done if the collection is generated in it’s entirety of potential combinations though?

Say you batch assemble all possible variants, updating the traits would technically reference an individual “Skin” of that combination aligned by ID?

I dont think that is how their system is intending to work but this is a potential solution?

I love the idea and wish I had a fancy bear.

Each time the GLB of a wearable is updated it will need to be reapproved.

Add Integrate Dynamic NFTs and add FANCY BEARS as the first dynamic avatars to the Linked Wearables Registry

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 65% 1,411,929 VP (282 votes)
  • No 35% 772,582 VP (7 votes)